How much makeup do you wear?

I was just curious how much time women spend on your hair / makeup and guys if you really care that much. I am in my third year of high school and I was talking with my friends and we don't really wear makeup. Personally i'll wear maybe some mascara if I have the time and chap stick (lol) but i'm more into the natural look. As apparentley are my friends. We were discussing this with our guy friends at the same tables and then they started looking at us and realizing for the first time that we don't really wear makeup. I was jsut wondering if this was a general concensus that guys like girls who wear a little amount of makeup like the majority of guys at our school. We are well put together I guess you could say, we jsut all seem to agree that girls look better more naturally then with a bunch of stuff smeared on our faces. Just wondering other peoples thoughts, guys and girls.

Most of the girls that wear alot of makeup are considered to be sort of slutty and unattractive.

I personally wear light makeup daily (just some powdered foundation to cover up some blemishes). I don't see the point in wasting valuable time and money on prettying myself up for no special occasion. I do indulge in makeup's healing powers over big things (think to the scale of prom) but even when I go out to parties I keep a minimalist approach. I agree that natural is best, not only because of convenience's sake, but simply because it's more beautiful anyway. Sometimes heavy makeup has the opposite effect than what is intended...

I spend about 15 minutes on my hair: blow drying and straightening it. Then for makeup I wear liquid foundation, powder, very light eye liner and some mascara. I used to put on some makeup, like light brown. Sometimes I still do.

There's nothing wrong with putting on a lot of makeup. I don't know anyone who would put on a "lot" anyway. It is used to enhance a natural look, unless they really don't know what they're doing. I wouldn't think it makes someone unattractive because they put on some eye shadow and some blush, just like it doesn't if someone wants to go more natural. It's all about personal preference and it really varies. This guy will like girls who get themselves done up, while that guy prefers a natural look.

I was just curious how much time women spend on your hair / makeup and guys if you really care that much.

Everyday:

Hair: Wash, condition, blowdry, finger comb (total = 5 minutes or less)

Makeup: Sunscreen, lipgloss, v. light eyeliner (total = 2 minutes or less)

Special occasions:

Hair: Same as above; may add some whipped waxy stuff

Makeup: Same as above, plus brown mascara and v. pale eyeshadow

I LOVE make-up. I don't really care all that much about my hair. I just wash it, dry it and brush it. For face make-up I use a tinted moisturizer, some concealer for the rings under my eyes and some cornsilk powder to get rid of shine. My favorite aspect of make-up is eye make-up. I love to play with color. I generally use eye shadow, eyeliner and mascara. It's hard for me not to use eyeliner. It makes my eyes pop a lot more. For lips I just use anything sheer and glossy. I'm not a big lipstick girl. I like to keep the emphasis on my best feature. My eyes.

For 21 and a half years of my life I didn't wear any makeup at all, ever.

Past few months I've taken a liking to a bit of light makeup for day to day wear and heavier for work (hey people buy more from a chick who wears makeup! that and the lighting sucks and washes me out). My boyfriend didn't even notice that I had started wearing makeup. My skin is just so pale and translucent, makeup makes me look human.

I use a powder foundation, eyeshadow, mascara and sheer tinted gloss. No eye liner, I don't like the way it looks on me. All of my makeup is either mac or from sephora. I don't spend money on makeup, but my sister is huge into the makeup and always buys me a bit of this or that so I have a collection of quality stuff

No eye liner, I don't like the way it looks on me. All of my makeup is either mac or from sephora.

I never did either, until I discovered some very fine liquid liner by Shiseido (in brown) at Sephora. I put a tiny bit on my upper lids, as low into the lash base as I can get. It makes a big difference. Makes me look more awake, but not made-up.

I wear foundation and eyeliner. Sometimes eyeshadow. Never lipstick. Blush on special occasions only. Sometimes mascara but usually not as I'm too lazy to take it off.

Now.. If I had been blessed with pretty skin..

My hair.. If I'm in clinic I just pull it back cause I have too. If not.. I'll blow dry it and stick some gunk in it.

Doesn't take me long.. I've been doing it for years and years. If I don't wear make-up without fail someone will ask me what is wrong or if I am sick. Yes, I am beyond white. I'm clear. Yay for veins!

very fine liquid liner by Shiseido (in brown) at Sephora.

Keenan - I love shopping for make-up at Sephora!! That is the best make-up store. Everything is so organized by color and love that black and white striped logo and pink carpet!!

I like to apply a thin eye-pencil in a light shade on my top lid and concealer under my eyes to make those dark circles go away. I also like to wear a touch of minty lip balm.

Hair - have to blow dry and use just a touch of aveda control paste. Parted to the side..

I never did either, until I discovered some very fine liquid liner by Shiseido (in brown) at Sephora. I put a tiny bit on my upper lids, as low into the lash base as I can get. It makes a big difference. Makes me look more awake, but not made-up.

I've actually never been to sephora as it wasn't open yet when I lived in Toronto and there isin't one here in Saskatoon. My sis shops there all the time though and I now have some too-faced stuff that I LOVE. I don't know how they do it, but my GOD you open that little book and it smells SO good!

As for the eyeliner, I guess my hands are just not that steady, I can NEVER get it straight, and it always looks blotchy. Liquid is my enemy

I love the Sephora store. When I was living in Wisconsin, whenever I went down to Chicago to go shopping, I would always make sure to stop in the Sephora store to check it out. I get my perfume from there and it is always a neat store to check out, so much stuff.

I wear makeup only when I am going out or going to work. Makeup to me consists of foundation, blush, a bit of eyeshadow and some lipstick, not a lot. I usually use MAC based makeup. They have colors that fit an Asian skin color.

As for my hair, I wash it everyday, put some mousse in it to style it and then let it air dry. When I was living in Wisconsin, sometimes in the morning when I was in a hurry and I didnt dry my hair enough, my hair would freeze if it was really cold outside.

This thread is hilarious. I always think of myself as a tomboy, but HELLOOO, girly girl!

I love Aveda hair stuff. I use the control whip b/c my hair is fine (though I have masses of it, lol), and the paste weighs it down. They make a great deep conditioner, btw.

Scotcha, I was getting ready to go out just now and realized I also wear a Neutrogena tinted moisturizer. I'm super pale, too...perhaps not clear...but clearish pink.

orgasmictofu, lucky you for your sister! I love Sephora, but it is so expensive that if I shopped there too much I'd be able to support a family of four on my beauty product expenditures...NOT a place I want to be.

ren, LMAO for frozen hair. I went to college in northern Indiana and my hair was down to my waist then. That happeneded to me all the time. It was weird when it melted in 7:30am organic chemistry lab. I'd have a puddle under my work station.

smilelikeyoumeanit, NO, the boys don't care. They may be lurking in semi-horrified fascination (like a car wreck), but generally I find that unless we paint ourselves up like clowns, they have no idea if we're wearing makeup or not. They just know if we look pretty and smell good. Bless 'em.

Keenan, it was always funny when I went outside with my hair wet and forgot how cold it was and when I touched my hair, I could feel it crackle like broken icicles. Question for you, do you ever use the Self-Control hair styling stick that Aveda also makes to control flyaway hair? I love Aveda products. I use their Shampure shampoo and conditioner and their Phomollient mousse and their Firmata hair spray.

Question for you, do you ever use the Self-Control hair styling stick that Aveda also makes to control flyaway hair? I love Aveda products. I use their Shampure shampoo and conditioner and their Phomollient mousse and their Firmata hair spray.

No, I use their light elements smoothing fluid for flyaways. It works really well for blonde wispy hair, but I bet it would be great for Asian hair, too--make it even shinier, if that's possible! (Grrr, am so jealous of your hair type). You can ask for a free sample, and because you only use a drop or two at a time the sample will last you for about 6 months!

I loooove the Sap Moss shampoo & damage remedy conditioner. I also use the Camomile conditioner once in awhile to brighten my hair. I've never tried the Phomollient mousse; I'll have to look into that!

Edit: Oh, wait...I DO remember the control stick now. I used to use it years ago. I really liked it. I was going through my short 'bed head' phase then, and it was perfect. My hair is a bit too long for it now; I think it would make it sticky or too heavy. Ah, memories....

Cool, I will have to get a sample of their light elements smoothing fluid the next time I need to get more Aveda products at the salon. My hair is pretty shiny and I have highlights in it, but lately I have been finding more and more white hairs. Guess I am starting to get old. I agree with you, the sap moss shampoo is great. Many years ago when I used to get perms for my hair, my hair would get real dried out and the sap moss shampoo and conditioner would help to bring back some moisture and oil into my hair.

As for the eyeliner, I guess my hands are just not that steady, I can NEVER get it straight, and it always looks blotchy. Liquid is my enemy

I had the same problem applying eye liner. I would start ok but could not end the 'line'. My friend that works at the nordstrom's make-up counter told me to use a thin angeled brush and apply a dark eye shadow (dark choc. brown or charc. grey depending on your skin tone) with the brush like you would apply the eye liner. It helped me control my wrist movement, and you have to do it fast without thinking about it!!

lmao, dressed up like clowns...... nice idea for a sociology ecperiment I personally could care less if a guy wanted me to wear more makeup, but i dont associated with guys that shallow (i love the guys i know, they're good people who you can tell actually have a heart and a sense of decency) Also guys are really polite at my school as almost everyone is......... jsut wondering if its the same where you guys are,,,,