Well, my story so far...it's been four weeks since the ex dumped me. It seems like much longer.

At first, as you can imagine, i was GUTTED. I wouldn't accept it and did all of them needy clingy things you do when you love someone - talk to them, try and make them change their mind....and it never works!

Then i took my first step and accepted it. Started to see that everything that i said and did after the break up would have pushed him even further away and made me look really pathetic! Well, i wasn't having that!! I started NC!

...And i didn't break it! He ALWAYS was the one to break it...whether it be texting me to ask where i was or talking to me on MSN. Well, i put a stop to that one.

We both kind of had an argument as i text him by mistake and he said a lot of hurtful things so in polite terms i told him to f*** off and to never speak to me again. That was about 3 weeks ago i think and i've not heard a thing from him!!!

I'm sooo glad about this i took control and i feel so free and happy now! I know, i see him EVERYDAY, it was hard at first but now i just ignore him. For example, today i walked out of the library and he was walking in front of me and he turned round and looked at me but i started chatting to my teacher and he looked so shocked that i didn't speak to him and that i was happy.

I'm sooo glad i kept NC. It really has helped me to move on. I know it's not even been a month since we broke up (well, it will have been a month on sunday) but i feel over him. It obviously wasn't proper love like i thought it was, just stupid teenage love and lust.

Also, it's allowed me to spend a lot more time with my friends and family and i feel really close to them right now, i'm just loving life! And my self esteem has (kind of) gone up.

Thanks all for the help and advice, your all FAB

And to anyone currently going through a break up, stay strong, don't break NC, it's best for you as you can truly get over the person, find yourself again and be really happy (Like me