how often do people get back together?

Hi all,

Just a question, in your views and experiences, how often do people realize that they left a good thing and come back? 50%, 60, 75% of the time?

I have been in 2 relationships and once, did a girl come back to me.

I am just ending a third, after 2 months of us talking 2 hours a night, hanging out and she wanting to date again, a week later she is done with me, a 22 yo virgo girl. We were together for 1 year and 7 months total.

What is the percentage of hope?

How long should I wait for her?

is this summer fever on her part?

well, afterd

I think it boils down to the question if you think this person is worth you putting everything on hold with the hope of she coming back. Do you think she is worth it? Do you think she will not do it again? will the feelings still be the same? can you trust her again? Can you depend on her again?

I am not too sure about %s, but may i ask why you guys split up in the first place? I really wonder if the %s thingy will do any help with it.

I had been with my now ex for 3 years and for the last 6 mths, been long distance. But he found someone else. So we broke up. He didn't admit the other girl's presense though, just said he was tired. I really don't know if i should wait too. Why has his feelings turned so fast for a relationship of 3 years? Should i wait? he is not the perfect guy, but till now i am waiting. Silly isn't it. I should really learn to let go.

I think when people get back together the relationship must be totally different or else it will end up with the same result. Basically the people will have changed and the relationship should just start as a new one. It doesnt matter on time length 2 months, 5 years, 50 years if they wanna leave they are just gonna leave. If there is no reason to go back then why would they go back...just to extend the relationship another extra week or month or year? True love will always find its way...along with the help of fate. So don't worry about if your loved one will return...maybe they really havent found you just yet.

It's all up to the other person.

I think it's a good sign that you're here though. A lot of breakups don't reconcile because one or both of the partners aren't willing to make amends or forgive. A lot has to do with taking responsibility for your part in the break up and convincing the other person to trust you again. No one wants their heart broken and if you've broken it for that person once, why would they want to let you do it again?

You have to allow time, forgiveness, love and fate to help. There's not much you can do but be patient and grow.

speaking from experience when people do get back together they do so because they feel they had some worth holding on too. My ex boyfriend and I were together for two years before I decided to transfer to another college we decided to have a long distance relationship but that only lasted about two weeks after I left. We broke it off. I decided to transfer back to my old school the next semester and before I was even back for two weeks we had gotten back together but we agreed things would be different and they were for awhile but months into the relationship things turned out to be like they were before, not the good things but the bad things. You see when we were first together it seemed we only lived for each other and that is the greatest feeling in the world, he was my world and I was his nothing else mattered. That feeling never really came back but our old habits of jealously and fighty sure did. After we got back together we lasted about seven months before I decided that I was holding on to something that wasn't there anymore and that hurt me so bad because if things were different I know I could of spent the rest of my life with this person but things weren't different and I had to grow up and move on - without him.

• 6 years later...

Ive seen it with a couple of my mates, they eventually get back togeather with their first loves but it didn't work out between them again because they took it for granted and didn't work out the problems between them in the first place. Granted they were young and they had maturing to do.

I'll take a stab at percentages just based on the 1000000's of forums and posts I've read...:

Ex's Reconcilling: 60%

Couples then staying together 2nd time around: 10%

That is also mainy based on the fact that ex's get back together way too soon and often for the wrong reasons too....

SwingFox had a good point about finding out you're in the 1% Club...

When it comes to ex's working out with their rebounds ~ Welcome to my world...lol

Stay Up

K2*

I'll take a stab at percentages just based on the 1000000's of forums and posts I've read...:

Ex's Reconcilling: 60%

Couples then staying together 2nd time around: 10%

That is also mainy based on the fact that ex's get back together way too soon and often for the wrong reasons too....

SwingFox had a good point about finding out you're in the 1% Club...

When it comes to ex's working out with their rebounds ~ Welcome to my world...lol

Stay Up

K2*

I believe the number may be closer to 10-20% that reconcile. Not sure of the success rate.

Remarkable.

As of the time of me posting this, there have been so far

9 replies and....wait for it...3,927 views.

An incredible reply to view ratio.

I wonder if people read this thread in the hope of obtaining a definitive answer and hence apply that answer to their own situation.

TS

TS, don't be so negative =)

remember how stadisticts work!

they are usually not reliable because it only counts for a certain percentage of a certain population and not the whole population

i wonder if those views mean that many different people?

or what if the 9 replies saw this post more than once?

what if 100 people looked at this post 30 times?

but only 9 weren't lazy

=O it would be interesting to find out

As stated before, people do get together again but it doesn't mean that they post the good news... in fact many people flee the board once the initial feelings of heartbreak/pain are gone.

Rather looking at the numbers it's best to look at the couple in question and their situation. No one knows what will happen or why and often that is lost in the mix. Also remember that 82% of all stats are made up on the spot. I stand by that.

i tottaly agree that hope is no good, i mean a percentage of people doesn't matter at all for good or for bad, lets just put it this way!

you could be the lucky 1 out of 1000000000000 to win the lottery or you could be the unlucky 1 out of 100000 who didnt get back with there ex,

the posssibilities will always be there,

whats important is reality and where you are.

but no one should get their hopes up or down because of others,

just because some one else got backtogether or didn't has nothing to do with your case at all, numbers mean nothing, if i said 3 people out of 5 that got back together had red shoes on would you buy them? no, because it was just a coincedence and people shouldn't be bundled into groups or percentages of most things because we as individuals think differently feel differently and act differently.

if you are looking for hope, then look for it in the right places like beliving in yourself,

beliving that nothing is impossible as long as you fight for what you want.

because really nothing is =)