Depressed but weird countinued

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because they said it just probably didnt show up they think i have it though

They're not allowed or paid; to think.

Well, actually, they are absolutely paid to think and allowed to think, there's alot of thinking involved in medicine. However, I think what you meant was they think, get some ideas, test for these ideas and use the diagnostic results to conclude one way or the other.

Doctors are there to tell you what's wrong. Not think something's wrong.

Yes, they tell you what is wrong, but how do you think they get to that point?

There is alot of thinking behind that. They consider the patient, past medical history, diet, activity patterns, family medical history, use of medications, psychosocial patterns, symptoms, do a physical exam, they rule out possible diagnoses (by thinking on their knowledge base!) and then based on this thought process, they run the tests they suspect will confirm what they thought. If the tests prove them wrong, they reassess and run more tests.

I don't want to argue this point on Julie's thread, but suffice it to say that being in nursing school, working among doctors in the hospital and having a few doctor friends I know how much thinking goes into a diagnosis.

almost all my symptoms point to arthritis. aching joints, swelling joints, stiffness, loose grip ect. if almost ALL the symptoms are there that HAS to be it, the blood work just isnt showing it. which is what happened to my sister, all her blood work came back negative but she has arthritis.

thats the only thing it can be. right?

almost all my symptoms point to arthritis. aching joints, swelling joints, stiffness, loose grip ect. if almost ALL the symptoms are there that HAS to be it, the blood work just isnt showing it. which is what happened to my sister, all her blood work came back negative but she has arthritis.

thats the only thing it can be. right?

You don't know.

The doctor doesn't know, yet.

We don't know.

• 2 weeks later...

hehe. except you're not online right now it could be better, could be worse. i have a TON of math homework. four pages worth to be exact. i'm also supposed to memorize two bible verses in two days(not going to happen) and my little sister and brother are acting weird. my little sister is acting like me before my dad died, and my little brother is a little demon lol. he walked up to me and grabbed me by my throat, don't know what's going through his head.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys... my little sister came up to me last night and asked me if she could run away. i asked her why she wanted to do something like that(stupid question i know) and she said she was tired of "daddy"(step dad) yelling all the time and she didnt want to see me get hurt anymore. i didnt really give her a straight answer i just told her to come lay down with me and we would talk about it and she fell asleep as i had hoped.... but now shes bugging me about it, what do i say?