Asked for my socials then unfollowed?

A guy I met asked for my contact info after we had a conversation. We exchanged instagrams. After about a week he unfollowed me suddenly? It was after I posted a picture 

also I heard a rumour he has a girlfriend, but I don’t know.

Why would he ask me for my contact and then remove me? Why ask in the first place 

42 minutes ago, Sarah Smith said:

A guy I met asked for my contact info after we had a conversation.  I heard a rumour he has a girlfriend, but I don’t know.

How did you meet? Who told you the rumor that he has a GF?  Was this a dating app, workplace, club? 

2 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

How did you meet? Who told you the rumor that he has a GF?  Was this a dating app, workplace, club? 

I met him at a surfing club🙈 some girl I befriended told me when I brought him up

It's a little strange but I guess things like this just happen. Did he send you a message on Instagram before unfollowing you? Did he reach out to chat?

Something similar happened to me in December last year - I talked to this guy at a party, he asked for my Instagram before he left. He sent me a follow request the next day, we exchanged some messages but he never asked me out, although he hinted at hanging out together at that party. I think some guys just ask for Instagram or phone numbers without an intention to ask you out, they maybe do it just for fun.

7 minutes ago, kim42 said:

It's a little strange but I guess things like this just happen. Did he send you a message on Instagram before unfollowing you? Did he reach out to chat?

Something similar happened to me in December last year - I talked to this guy at a party, he asked for my Instagram before he left. He sent me a follow request the next day, we exchanged some messages but he never asked me out, although he hinted at hanging out together at that party. I think some guys just ask for Instagram or phone numbers without an intention to ask you out, they maybe do it just for fun.

Yeah you might be right! No he didn’t message me🤔 although he directly asked for my contact so that we can “link later”, so confusing…

8 minutes ago, Sarah Smith said:

he directly asked for my contact so that we can “link later”, so confusing…

Might have been just another number collector. It's a game to see if women will hand out their contact info. Whether they're actually interested or not. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Sarah Smith said:

Yeah you might be right! No he didn’t message me🤔 although he directly asked for my contact so that we can “link later”, so confusing…

I know, it can be confusing, I think some guys do this just for the thrill.

• Like 1

I agree with @Coilyit could be anything

But if I were to guess, something he read or noticed on your IG turned him off.  

In my experience, guys don't ask for your IG (or socials) to communicate with you, they use it as a 'qualifying' tool; they scope it out, how many followers do you have, what type of pics you post, how many, etc.

If he wanted to actually communicate with you, get to know you, ask you out, he would have asked for your phone number.

There was a thread posted recently from a woman who said a guy nexted her because after viewing her IG, she didn't have enough followers! :classic_laugh:

JMO, but I would suggest NOT giving a man your IG or any other SM unless and until he has asked you out on a date and you begin dating.

You can tell him you prefer to keep SM private until you get to know each other better.   A sincerely interested man will respect that.  The interested men I meet and date have. 

Or they wouldn't ask at all, they ask for your phone number.

The sleazeballs will argue with you about it, accuse you of hiding something, etc.

When that happens, get rid!  

In fact for ME, I'm at the point where if/when a man immediately asks me for my IG before asking for my phone number or asking me out, he gets nexted. 

There nothing good there imo.  I cannot stand what SM has turned into, it's a total s*** show as far as I'm concerned. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2