His having reservation, please advice

2 hours ago, Halle Berry23 said:

At first I agreed to it but now I would like to be in a committed relationship.

I appreciate that, thank you! 

Yes so that does make it more difficult to transition from a sexual arrangement to actually dating with potential. 

• Like 1

He has reservations.  Respect his feelings and choices.  He doesn't want commitment because you're a mother.  I'm sorry but it's complicated because you're a mother.  Unfortunately,  your being a mother scares a lot of men away.  Remain realistic so there are no surprises.  Don't expect commitment from men who don't want the same as you.

On 3/23/2024 at 3:53 AM, Cherylyn said:

He has reservations.  Respect his feelings and choices.  He doesn't want commitment because you're a mother.  I'm sorry but it's complicated because you're a mother.  Unfortunately,  your being a mother scares a lot of men away.  Remain realistic so there are no surprises.  Don't expect commitment from men who don't want the same as you.

I do respect his feelings and I empathize.

It's quite confusing when he tells me how much he likes me and wants to make me his girl. 

15 minutes ago, Halle Berry23 said:

It's quite confusing when he tells me how much he likes me and wants to make me his girl. 

Stop falling for the words when they're not backed up by actions. 

"Wanting" to make you "his girl" is fluffy nonsense. He could do so right now, if he really wanted to.  He isn't doing so, because he is realizing he doesn't want a relationship with a woman who has children. 

It's just not the right match for either of you, and especially not for kids. They need someone who will be happy to embrace them too. He isn't it. 

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Halle Berry23 said:

I do respect his feelings and I empathize.

Words are pretty but his actions or non actions speak louder than words.  Being his girl requires responsibility to back his words and he's not willing to give it to you.  I'm sorry.  He's remaining realistic while telling you what you want to hear which is confusing and there's a tinge of dishonesty infused in there as well.

• Like 1