Stripper trying to make "nerd" friends

On 12/6/2023 at 4:31 PM, Dancer Candy said:

I forgot to reply to this - hi Lolita!

I wish I had gotten out when you did.  Back then, it WAS fun, and a little exciting.  Plus money was good, etc.  Now I'm here, doing what I do, and I'm worried about the future a little bit.  Maybe I'll check out what Itsallgrand mentioned about local services, etc

And yes, historically my love life has been complete disaster.  Like - "having to call the cops a few times" and once "needing to get dental surgery" levels of disaster.  And I have friends - most also dance at the same place.  A few are even more screwed up than I am, which is a little scary lol.  But most are nice to me

What I like about the people I met in the game group is that they are NOT screwed up.  Or at least not more than anyone else.  It's just nice to be a part of something like that, if that makes sense?  I do feel like I stick out a lot, but they don't make me feel dumb, even though I mess up the rules a lot in the game.  Well, Becca makes me feel dumb, but it's not like she actually says anything mean about it.  It's more about my feelings than anything she does, I guess

And by the way Candy! Hi! ☺️

You seem like a really sweet girl - I think sometimes us strippers are type casted and misunderstood. I think we are really sensitive sometimes, and have hobbies and interests that would surprise people. The ex dancer I do keep in touch with who I would call a friend, she has the ultra sexy side and yes the stereotypical lip fillers the Botox and the boob job but, she is part of a walking club and they go for hikes. It’s all very wholesome and natural, and people don’t put the two together. Like your gaming, it’s just part of you being multi-faceted, as most of us are. No one is black or white!

Your love life by the way Candy, this is obviously no good. Why are you picking these guys? You are going there in the first place against your better judgement or not seeing it sooner! Again, like you, I know so many of the girls I worked with like that.

I used to work in a famous, large club that was close to an airport and we got pilots in all the time. I can’t tell you the amount of girls who either went out with pilots, were engaged to them 🤣 I keep telling my husband, honestly, the uniform doesn’t do anything for me LOLZ! 

Best of luck, sorry to gab on! It’s like a secret underworld, don’t often get to chat to girls who did/do what we did anymore! 

x

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I know, I'm an idiot for doing that to myself.  I'm sure it's a self-esteem thing, as crap like that usually seems to be.  I can be pretty critical of myself a lot of the time, especially since getting involved with sex work, etc.  I'll give myself a pep talk and all that, but then I seem to get back with some guy who treats me badly - even exes who I KNOW are no good.  I'm going to therapy and all that, but it's just really hard.

Honestly there's a guy in my gaming group that I am starting to get feelings for.  He's really really smart, and super sweet, but sadly - given the whole DnD group situation, nothing can really happen there.  Timing is bad, and I'm haven't really earned my place there yet, so it's kind of a non-starter I guess.  Plus our way different backgrounds, etc etc.  Oh well.

On the gaming group thing, I think things ARE getting a bit better for the last few meetups!  It took a bit, but I'm kinda sorta getting the hang of the numbers, and I'm not making as many stupid mistakes.  I'm kinda seeking help from Becca and that's both working for me, and also I think it makes her feel less threatened by me, or whatever?  She's really smart at that sort of stuff anyways, so it works out.

Anyways, we'll see.  Brienne the Paladin is still going on quests and slaying undead minions!

• 2 months later...

It takes all kinds of kinds. Really, people from all walks of life have so much more in common then they probably think they do. Rather then separate ourselves based on sterotypes and superficial things, wish more people would just be open to really getting to know each other and respect each other for who we are at heart.

Dancer Candy, glad things are working out for you. As I geek I can say a lot of us are probably more welcoming and less judgmental since we know what it's like to be teased, criticized or sterotyped. Geek culture is a lot more mainstream then it used to be, but there's still some stigma attached, just like I'm sure there is with stripping. So it's good to see you've found "your people." 

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Dancer Candy said:

By the way, I've been meaning to ask you.  Noticed your user name and avatar - do you like Mystery Science Theater 3000?  Because I'm a huge fan lol

Noooooooooooooo springs. <evil cackling> I have no idea where you'd get that impression. It's not like I run around falling over railings or go ahead on-ing.

Favorite episode?

2 minutes ago, Coily said:

Noooooooooooooo springs. <evil cackling> I have no idea where you'd get that impression. It's not like I run around falling over railings or go ahead on-ing.

Favorite episode?

Well I love all the "well known ones" (Manos, Space Mutiny, etc), but my all time favorite is probably "The Dead Talk Back".  Something about that one just makes me laugh so much lol

Just now, Dancer Candy said:

Well I love all the "well known ones" (Manos, Space Mutiny, etc), but my all time favorite was probably "The Dead Talk Back".  Something about that one just makes me laugh so much lol

And they talk, and talk and talk...

The Blood Waters of Dr Z is one of the weirder ones I like. But "Creeping Terror" and "I accuse my parents" are my go to episodes.