I don't know what to do.

Hi All,

I really like this girl at work and would like to know her more. We first met each other because we both started working at this company on the same date. I messaged her asking to meet up for a coffee (something casual to start things off I suppose) and she said that she was busy, as you can see in the first image. She also said that she will travel back home for a few days (she lives abroad). I said okay no worries. To me, from the first conversation it did not seem clear whether it was a no or not, so I messaged her again around two weeks later, but I have not got a response yet. I sent the message on Wednesday. 

I feel like a complete idiot and I do not know if I should try to follow up or just forget about it. I don't know what to do and was hoping I could get some advice here.

Chat two weeks ago: https://imgur.com/a/IXG5AAf

Message not opened: https://imgur.com/a/ooS9GpM

3 hours ago, MichaelPace_02 said:

I really like this girl at work and would like to know her more. We first met each other because we both started working at this company on the same date. I messaged her asking to meet up for a coffee.she lives abroad. I messaged her again around two weeks later, but I have not got a response yet. I sent the message on Wednesday. 

How long have you been working there? How old is she? Is she just interning or how is it she lives in another country?   Is there an age difference or are either of you in a supervisory position?

Don't beat yourself up. It's fine to have a work crush and you shot your shot. 

Maybe she doesn't want messy workplace romances or has a BF or just isn't interested.

That's ok. Just step back, act polite and professional at work and carry on. Wait until she messages you but step back from pursuing it. 

• Like 1

Women who are excited about a guy will give an alternate date that they are available, i.e, "I have plans and then I'm leaving town, but will be back on Dec. 1. How about I give you a call and we can set up plans then?"

You asked, she said no. You messaged again and received silence. Please don't ask again. That'd be akin to a predator cornering prey. When you do see her at work, be pleasant like you would with any other co-worker and give zero extra in conversation. She's not interested in you romantically. Don't make her feel like she has to avoid you at work. Let her know in your lack of extra attention that you get the message.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

How long have you been working there? How old is she? Is she just interning or how is it she lives in another country?   Is there an age difference or are either of you in a supervisory position?

Don't beat yourself up. It's fine to have a work crush and you shot your shot. 

Maybe she doesn't want messy workplace romances or has a BF or just isn't interested.

That's ok. Just step back, act polite and professional at work and carry on. Wait until she messages you but step back from pursuing it. 

We have been working here for almost a year now. She is a little older than me, about 4 to 5 years but it does not bother me. She came to live in my country about 3 years ago but her home is in another country. We work in different departments.

Yeah I hope I get a response at least, because it’s frustrating not to. I will try to avoid her, not ignore her but yeah just getting my s*it done

5 hours ago, Andrina said:

Women who are excited about a guy will give an alternate date that they are available, i.e, "I have plans and then I'm leaving town, but will be back on Dec. 1. How about I give you a call and we can set up plans then?"

You asked, she said no. You messaged again and received silence. Please don't ask again. That'd be akin to a predator cornering prey. When you do see her at work, be pleasant like you would with any other co-worker and give zero extra in conversation. She's not interested in you romantically. Don't make her feel like she has to avoid you at work. Let her know in your lack of extra attention that you get the message.

I’m not asking again, I only asked the second time because I wasn’t sure if it was a no from the first. Like for example, if you saw the 1st screenshot in the first link, she sent that gif and I got confused lol.

anyway, yeah I agree with you, she probably would have given an alternate date if she was really interested I suppose :/

• Like 1

Update

She responded, saying that she had notifications off and didn’t notice the message (giving her the benefit of the doubt here). She said that its not the right time for her at the moment to start anything. I told her I understand and thanked her for letting me know.

Relieved to get some closure, a little sad that its a no but hey, we move. Thanks all :)

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, MichaelPace_02 said:

She responded, saying that she had notifications off and didn’t notice the message (giving her the benefit of the doubt here).

Really dude? Once you send the message, consider it received. Whether they respond, its up to them. No response or any varition of "Sorry I am appearing busy but instead watching Netflix at home and just dont care to respond to you" means they are not interested. There was no need for you to push this to second time. She just isnt interested or else she would have found the time when you asked her the first time. 

• Like 1