He saw my message but didn’t reply should I block him?

LoveSiiick

I have a date scheduled for tomorrow and originally I suggested a restaurant which he agreed to then today I changed my mind because looking at it it’s a hassle to find parking there. So I texted him that I had another restaurant in mind as you can see he never said anything back. Do I block him? 

IMG_6818.jpeg

Just now, Capricorn3 said:

He DID reply.  When you asked if it's okay to meet at another restaurant, he replied and said "Yes, of course. Let me know which one". Not sure what else he was supposed to say? 😕

I asked him if the new restaurant was ok or did he prefer to meet at the original one. He left me on seen.

6 minutes ago, LoveSiiick said:

I asked him if the new restaurant was ok or did he prefer to meet at the original one. He left me on seen.

He replied "yes of course,let me know which one". Please don't get so anxious about it and start catastrophizing about "left on read, should I block?". Please give him some time to reply.

If you are too nervous or afraid to date, please don't play games and block him because he didn't reply the nanosecond you sent it. If you are looking for excuses not to meet, just cancel it altogether. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Capricorn3 said:

The way I see it, he was happy enough with your second choice.

Are you suggesting me to text him again tomorrow a few hours before the time we planned to meet? To confirm because I won’t be leaving unless there is a confirmation this restaurant is an hour away from me. I have had men flake on me before so I definitely do not want to waste my time or gas.

• Like 1
Just now, LoveSiiick said:

To confirm because I won’t be leaving unless there is a confirmation this restaurant is an hour away from me.

Why would you pick that? Obviously confirm before you go. Unfortunately you seem to be having a meltdown because he hasn't replied ASAP. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, LoveSiiick said:

Are you suggesting me to text him again tomorrow a few hours before the time we planned to meet? To confirm because I won’t be leaving unless there is a confirmation this restaurant is an hour away from me.

I am not suggesting anything, but in any event, what's the big deal is asking for confirmation?  "hey, just want to confirm, are we going #A or #B tomorrow?"

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Why would you pick that? Obviously confirm before you go. Unfortunately you seem to be having a meltdown because he hasn't replied ASAP. 

I am not having a meltdown, It’s been a long time and my friend is telling me I should block him since he’s ignoring my question and it’s giving me anxiety.

6 minutes ago, Capricorn3 said:

I am not suggesting anything, but in any event, what's the big deal is asking for confirmation?  "hey, just want to confirm, are we going #A or #B tomorrow?"

Because I feel desperate texting him again after he ignored my question. My other friend is suggesting we hang out tomorrow so idk what to do. 

4 minutes ago, LoveSiiick said:

Because I feel desperate texting him again after he ignored my question. My other friend is suggesting we hang out tomorrow so idk what to do. 

All this is much ado about nothing (imo).  Simply act like adults.  It's not a crime that you are not sure about something.  Be an adult and simply call him to confirm. Seriously, what's the big deal?

9 minutes ago, LoveSiiick said:

I am not having a meltdown, It’s been a long time and my friend is telling me I should block him since he’s ignoring my question and it’s giving me anxiety.

Your friend is undermining you. How long ago did you text him? If you would rather be with your friends than go on this first meeting, just cancel.  

2 minutes ago, LoveSiiick said:

4 hours ago, I would prefer to meet him but he’s not showing interest by leaving me on seen.

He's asking you out. Maybe he's actually doing something other than being glued to the phone? 4 hours? Seriously,  you never met. If 4 hours is "never" to you it seems like you may be too anxious to date, especially now that your friends came up with alternative plans. 

He literally agreed to date. And you want to block him? What if he agrees during a day? And see that he is blocked because he didnt answered fast enough? Its not really a good comminication. Wait if he responds.

On the other hand, I wouldnt go to a date without his confirmation. So if he doesnt responds during a day just dont go. And you can block him later.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Kwothe28 said:

He literally agreed to date. And you want to block him? What if he agrees during a day? And see that he is blocked because he didnt answered fast enough? Its not really a good comminication. Wait if he responds.

On the other hand, I wouldnt go to a date without his confirmation. So if he doesnt responds during a day just dont go. And you can block him later.

We are scheduled to meet today at 6pm, it’s 8am and I still received nothing from him. This is the first time someone doesn’t reply agreeing on a place for the first date. I’m thinking of canceling because I don’t appreciate his lack of communication. I shouldn’t be double texting a guy or chasing him for answers.