He saw my message but didn’t reply should I block him?

LoveSiiick

10 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

He's asking you out. Maybe he's actually doing something other than being glued to the phone? 4 hours? Seriously,  you never met. If 4 hours is "never" to you it seems like you may be too anxious to date, especially now that your friends came up with alternative plans. 

I’ve been on many dates and this is the worst communicator out of all, everyone else continues texting me and we both communicate properly. I don’t even remember what he looks like, he unmatched me for no reason. We also only called for 3 minutes before he had to go. I feel i’m going on a blind date and that makes me uncomfortable.

9 minutes ago, LoveSiiick said:

We’re all 23. If a man is interested they will respond. Not leave you on seen.

That's fine. If you don't want to go out. If you don't want to firm up plans or wait for him to get back to you, that's fine. But what's the point of blocking? To send some sort of passive aggressive message? 

3 minutes ago, Jaunty said:

For heaven's sake.  You provided a screenshot.  We all can see:  HE ANSWERED YOU.

You’re missing the point, I asked if the new restaurant was ok or did he want to stay on the original one. He left that message on seen, so now I have no idea if there even is a date for tonight. 

3 minutes ago, LoveSiiick said:

You’re missing the point, I asked if the new restaurant was ok or did he want to stay on the original one. He left that message on seen, so now I have no idea if there even is a date for tonight. 

Why didn't you include that part in your screenshot?  He said "let me know which one" and evidently you answered.  That's exactly fine.

Seems like you want to get into some timewasting texting extravaganza.  

The guy is almost certainly way to mature for you.  

7 minutes ago, LoveSiiick said:

I did include it, unless it’s not showing but i blurred the first part and it says seen at 6:45PM. I was explaining how that other location is less crowded. 

Anyone can  see that as a confirmation that you want to meet at  the alternative location.  So the date is set.

He is not interested in chitchat texting with a stranger.  

If you are not sure he has agreed with your suggestion,  by all means send a quick request to confirm again.  But if you're only interested in meeting men who want to spend their time texting back and forth with randoms, move on.   

39 minutes ago, LoveSiiick said:

But you created this dilemma by switching venues. To which he already said fine. If you are not ready to date, that's ok. But please don't play games.

Keep in mind you never met and your friends suggestion that you should block him because you're not a priority and he needs to reply in nanoseconds and it's degrading to you to follow up and confirm seems like you are trying to sabotage things for whatever reason. 

1 minute ago, Wiseman2 said:

But you created this dilemma by switching venues. To which he already said fine. If you are not ready to date, that's ok. But please don't play games.

Keep in mind you never met and your friends suggestion that you should block him because you're not a priority and he needs to reply in nanoseconds and it's degrading to you to follow up and confirm seems like you are trying to sabotage things for whatever reason. 

I only changed it because parking there is a pain and don’t need my car getting towed. I have no choice but to text him asking if we’re still meeting tonight. I feel desperate texting him again. 

10 minutes ago, LoveSiiick said:

.I have no choice but to text him asking if we’re still meeting tonight. I feel desperate texting him again. 

Please be aware that firming up plans is par for the course. That this makes you "feel desperate", is a separate subject as far as anxiety and self esteem.  If you insist on playing these types of dating games, expect a rough ride. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LoveSiiick said:

We are scheduled to meet today at 6pm, it’s 8am and I still received nothing from him. This is the first time someone doesn’t reply agreeing on a place for the first date. I’m thinking of canceling because I don’t appreciate his lack of communication. I shouldn’t be double texting a guy or chasing him for answers. 

That is entirely up to you. I said myself that you shouldnt go on a date if he doesnt confirm it to you. 

Just dont see the need for this kind of overaction. Is your ego hurt because he didnt answered to confirm about place? That is OK, it happens. If he doesnt confirm, just move on with your life as usual. 

2 hours ago, LoveSiiick said:

I’ve been on many dates and this is the worst communicator out of all, everyone else continues texting me and we both communicate properly. I don’t even remember what he looks like, he unmatched me for no reason. We also only called for 3 minutes before he had to go. I feel i’m going on a blind date and that makes me uncomfortable.

Well, you seem to have left that part out of your previous posts.  He "unmatched" you?  

28 minutes ago, Jaunty said:

Well, you seem to have left that part out of your previous posts.  He "unmatched" you?  

Yes he unmatched me he got upset at me telling me I was wasting his time last week when I was unavailable to meet. He is foreign and I don’t like his attitude sometimes. 

1 hour ago, Kwothe28 said:

That is entirely up to you. I said myself that you shouldnt go on a date if he doesnt confirm it to you. 

Just dont see the need for this kind of overaction. Is your ego hurt because he didnt answered to confirm about place? That is OK, it happens. If he doesnt confirm, just move on with your life as usual. 

I feel suspicious about him, he has a thick accent and blocked me once. Then unblocked me and reached out to me. I don’t trust him. My friend is saying he’s most likely a scammer. But he told me he dropped out of the university I go to. I’m not sure what to think anymore.

14 hours ago, LoveSiiick said:

I have a date scheduled for tomorrow and originally I suggested a restaurant which he agreed to then today I changed my mind because looking at it it’s a hassle to find parking there. So I texted him that I had another restaurant in mind as you can see he never said anything back. Do I block him? 

IMG_6818.jpeg

I don't think you should block him. I do understand your frustration though. I hate having to double txt or be the only one making the effort. At this point I'd ask him straight up if he's even interested and if you guys are still meeting up. Maybe just give him a chance and see what he says and if you still get nothing from him, just forget about him and move on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, LoveSiiick said:

Yes he unmatched me he got upset at me telling me I was wasting his time last week when I was unavailable to meet. He is foreign and I don’t like his attitude sometimes. 

OK so you two have already gotten into a bunch of nonsense.  This is a pattern with you.  Nobody worth having a relationship with will engage in any of this time wasting with you.

You seem like you're very into texting back and forth  with strangers.   This guy is not.  

This is not going to lead anywhere good for him or for you so please just cancel.   

3 minutes ago, Jaunty said:

OK so you two have already gotten into a bunch of nonsense.  This is a pattern with you.  Nobody worth having a relationship with will engage in any of this time wasting with you.

You seem like you're very into texting back and forth  with strangers.   This guy is not.  

This is not going to lead anywhere good for him or for you so please just cancel.   

He’s foreign I don’t know how they do things in Afghanistan but I don’t work like that. I like texting before meeting I want to be comfortable. He wants to meet immediately and is playing me by choosing to not reply. He’s not busy he’s waving the afghanistan flag on american roads. I saw his tiktok that’s what he does. He’s driving reckless while waving the Afghanistan flag on back roads with his mustang. 

5 minutes ago, Jaunty said:

OK so block him.  Who cares.  You don't even know each other.  

You really need to not be dating unless you can get yourself together and hold yourself to a reasonable standard of mature behavior.  

Yeah i’m immature because I don’t like begging men for answers. 

24 minutes ago, LoveSiiick said:

He’s foreign I don’t know how they do things in Afghanistan but I don’t work like that. I like texting before meeting I want to be comfortable. He wants to meet immediately and is playing me by choosing to not reply. He’s not busy he’s waving the afghanistan flag on american roads. I saw his tiktok that’s what he does. He’s driving reckless while waving the Afghanistan flag on back roads with his mustang. 

What about all of that do you find alluring and attractive? 

• Like 1