Long-distance guy - update

kim42

8 minutes ago, kim42 said:

I don't feel comfortable sharing the nature of the messages here, but it was not sexting.

I disagree that our interactions are meaningless - I enjoy talking to him, we share a lot with each other and i think we are closer than before.

As I said, I don't know if this will evolve into a relationship or not, I'll see what happens once he finds a job.

How sure are you from your interactions that he cannot wait to see you once he has a job? I mean what he says now. We can’t predict the future. But as you said he’s a stand up trustworthy person of integrity so if he said to you now “I cannot wait to see you once I have a job” you’d trust he presently meant that right?

9 minutes ago, kim42 said:

Yes, I've mentioned it several times.

Sorry, missed it.

A lot has been said, so if I or any of us missed some things and seek clarification, apologies. 😞 

Anyway, it's good you're open to and dating others, as no doubt HE is doing as well.

Good luck, I hope it all works out the way you hope. 

15 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

How sure are you from your interactions that he cannot wait to see you once he has a job? I mean what he says now. We can’t predict the future. But as you said he’s a stand up trustworthy person of integrity so if he said to you now “I cannot wait to see you once I have a job” you’d trust he presently meant that right?

Yes,  I'd trust him.

1 hour ago, kim42 said:

I don't feel comfortable sharing the nature of the messages here, but it was not sexting.

I did not ask for details or the nature, nor do I care to know the details.

All I asked is if by "intimate" you meant sexting because the word intimate is ambiguous.

You responded no, thank you for clarifying.

And yes it does matter imo and if you were sexting and he initiated, I would suggest you next him because nothing good or positive would ever evolve from that in THIS context.

But you're not sexting so great and carry on. 😀

41 minutes ago, rainbowsandroses said:

I did not ask for details or the nature, nor do I care to know the details.

All I asked is if by "intimate" you meant sexting because the word intimate is ambiguous

You responded no, thank you for clarifying.

And yes it does matter imo and if you were sexting and he initiated, I would suggest you next him because nothing good or positive would ever evolve from that in THIS context.

But you're not sexting so great and carry on. 😀

He's a gentleman and very respectful. If he was sexting me, I wouldn't continue talking to him.

• Like 2

I can appreciate why you might feel a little sting to hear that a friend's LD messaging may result in a visit. I mean, I can be happy for a lottery winner but still feel some envy due to the bills awaiting my payment.

Comparisons are not our friend, yet they can creep in sometimes even when we aren't surfing social media.

I appreciate you opting to let this out here, as it probably wouldn't be a great idea to mention it to your friend. At the same time, I can understand regretting that choice when the simplest thing can turn into a picking party around here.

Head high, Kim.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, catfeeder said:

I can appreciate why you might feel a little sting to hear that a friend's LD messaging may result in a visit. I mean, I can be happy for a lottery winner but still feel some envy due to the bills awaiting my payment.

Comparisons are not our friend, yet they can creep in sometimes even when we aren't surfing social media.

I appreciate you opting to let this out here, as it probably wouldn't be a great idea to mention it to your friend. At the same time, I can understand regretting that choice when the simplest thing can turn into a picking party around here.

Head high, Kim.

Thank you, I realize it's not good to compare my situation to someone elses's thing.

I do regret sometimes posting here, to be honest.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, kim42 said:

Thank you, I realize it's not good to compare my situation to someone elses's thing.

I do regret sometimes posting here, to be honest.

I hear. You do realize that you don’t need to answer every question, right?

It’s your thread, and you don’t ‘owe’ any of us a response to anything you don’t want to discuss. This is a free space for you to share or enjoy as you wish, and that can include overlooking anything that smacks of an inquisition. 🫶

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
4 hours ago, kim42 said:

I don't feel comfortable sharing the nature of the messages here,

I disagree that our interactions are meaningless -

Agree. You don't have to answer to thorns being flung at you or innuendos about your situation or interactions being "meaningless"  . Hopefully you can enjoy your topic and discussion without that. You've had a lot of grace under fire remaining polite. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 months later...

Update

I stopped posting in this thread because I realized I didn't need advice anymore but I wanted to give you guys a quick update.

He's found a job in the meantime and he's coming to visit me soon :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, kim42 said:

He's found a job in the meantime and he's coming to visit me soon 🙂

Hi! I’m glad he finally found a job… was a long process though. But great news! 
Did he mentioned when he can come visit you? 

5 minutes ago, Sindy_0311 said:

Hi! I’m glad he finally found a job… was a long process though. But great news! 
Did he mentioned when he can come visit you? 

Thanks Sindy!

It's already planned, we agreed on a time that works for both of us.

• Like 3