does my guy friend like me

Korburnt

this might be a jumble of rambles I apologize. Also I can’t read a person or room to save my life which is why I’m here.

This guy I met through a friend around July has talked to me everyday since the day we talked. He calls me daily and all. So what we often do is find games to buy and play. Hell once his friend was over and I played games with his friend which confused me cause It was odd to me. We’ve watched YouTube together, drawn together, listened to Spotify together. Like this is new to me personally and I’m just confused. Around the 5th week of talking he mentioned if I’m ever in the state he’s in To visit (he only likes 4ish hours away). And he has mentioned it again a few other times.(Ik the dangers of this btw) 

So recently I told him “people close to me think you like me or think we are a thing. Can you like confirm?” over a message and he sent a shrugging emoji. That night when we called he went “you never did get your answer” in a teasing way and didn’t answer still. My friends say he likes me and I’m just nervous and scared to ask him out cause I don’t wanna loose someone I enjoy talking to daily if that makes sense.

also I have never been rejected and I don’t want this guy to be the first cause he’s like really nice and has a decent head on his shoulders. 

The biggest question is do you like him romantically? if yes, then take the risk and ask him out for a simple date. Also for the love everything, let him know that you want it to be a date. Not hanging out as friends etc; but that you want it to be a lowkey date.

Rejection is part of life, sad to say; but if this guy has really caught your eye the risk of no is 10000 times better than never knowing. I say that as an old fart who has too many regrets.

As far as the fall out from rejection, it's better to know, than ask what if.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Korburnt said:

. Around the 5th week of talking he mentioned if I’m ever in the state he’s in To visit.  4ish hours away. 

Have you met in person? How old is he? Do you work? Go to school? Live with parents? 

When you mentioned "buying  games together" how did that work, exactly? Did you send him money or purchase the games?  How much money are you spending on these games?

does my guy friend like me

I would say most probably yes.

However, what is the point if you havent seen each other or you cant see each other properly on at least weekly basis? Its not hard to say that you want to see each other and organize that, 4 hours is a lot but not that lot. Also if you are a minor, please dont go to some stranger in different state. Even if you arent a minor, its risky to do that. If he wants to see you he would at least make an effort. Not tell you to come to him or throw vague sentences at you.

• Like 1

Social media makes it seem like a small world, but even an hour and a half is too far, practically, for dating. Four hours is a whole half of a work day. Expensive, exhausting, too little time together, or too much time together at the beginning if you plan long weekends together. Not the normal pace of dating.

This is the time of your life you should be meeting, in person, a huge pool of single guys in your age group. Stick to local dating. Relationships that start as an LDR have an extremely high rate of failure. I only recommend LDRs for people already in a relationship who have to temporarily move for school or career opportunities.

Get the fear of rejection as far as dating goes out of your mind. People normally go through numerous dating experiences before finding a lifetime partner. Sometimes people just aren't compatible. Nobody's fault. You can't be everyone's cup of tea. So what?

• Like 1