Have you ever been mad at someone and ghosted them?

Kawhi

I don't consider it ghosting. Yes I've not replied or ended contact if I was treated disrespectfully or worse.  In dating and otherwise.  To me the other person knows full well why I am done replying or communicating.

In one case I communicated with her again years later when I learned she had a baby, because when I had my son she contacted me (I didn't ghost her then - our bad interaction had been a year or so previously- but i emailed her with a response that strongly suggested that she not contact me again and I did graciously accept her good wishes/congrats).  When she had her child we had a polite exchange.  

It's individual -depends on what precipitated ending contact and what changed in the meanhwile, etc.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, smackie9 said:

That's not ghosting, that's called stonewalling. 

I agree.  Ghosting is ignoring permanently.  Stonewalling is ceasing to communicate but not necessarily permanent. 

@Kawhi  Have I ever been mad enough to ghost someone?  Yes.  How long?   At this point,  it's leading towards permanent estrangement. 

I know an apology will never be forthcoming in a million years from said perpetrator.  No humble apology?  There is no purpose resuming communication because what is the purpose?  I no longer believe in keeping the peace if my dignity is at stake.  It's a real deal breaker.   😡 I'm done.  Why?  Because if I don't matter that much to those who dare commit transgressions against me,  then they're certainly not worthy of my time,  labor,  attention,  energy and resources.  They're a waste of my precious life.  I'm more clear headed about this concept whereas I wasn't in the past.  😒

• Like 1

As mentioned, the meaning is stonewalling, not ghosting.

I am assuming you're talking abt a friend ( or partner)?

Every situation is different.  And if I am done with them, I no longer respond.. they'll get the hint.

Have I ever been upset & held back a while before responding again?  Yes, and was because I was uncertain on how to react or respond at the time. So, I guess at least a couple days, to where I knew what I wanted to say.

So, I am not certain of your circumstance here, but if you're just hesitant, fine.  Figure it out then get to it.  You have that right.

If you're done with them, don't play mind games, be done!

On 8/9/2023 at 10:38 AM, smackie9 said:

That's not ghosting, that's called stonewalling. 

True! Good point.

I don't do that a lot, but I have done it and will do it if I think it's justifiable. For example: relationships that have no value, or relationships in which the costs outweigh the benefits--high maintenance relationships, emotional vampires, jerks, etc.

It's an absolute last-resort course of action though. I only do it if I think that further communication is completely pointless.

• Like 1
On 8/9/2023 at 2:22 AM, Kawhi said:

Have you ever gotten mad at someone for a reason and decided not to reply to any of their messages?

This would be block and delete so they would stop spamming. Everyone has rights. Including the right to privacy and the right to cease contact with undesirables. 

Again, it completely depends on the circumstances. If it's someone you only know online or met once or twice, the take the hint and just move forward.

There really is no universal answer. Some would like "closure" and a definitive end, some find the "not feeling it" thing gratuitous.