She did not end up texting me- not sure if I did anything wrong.

Hi all,

I hope you're all doing well. So last week this girl (22F) at work told a mutual work colleague that she finds me (30M) attractive. Yesterday I saw her and I noticed she kept staring at me so I gathered she is clearly interested. I ended up going to her and asking to get her number which she quickly said yes to but the conversation went by quick and she ended up getting my number instead and I did not end up getting up getting hers. She ended the conversation by saying "expect to get a message from me" in a happy way and I replied " I'll talk to you later". Anyway this was about 16 hours ago and I have not heard anything back.

Now I know there could be reasons why she did not text back, maybe she did not put the right number down? She could also be busy, but from what I saw, she seemed quite interested so I thought she would find time to message me yesterday?

Also, I hope I did not come across as though I am not confident because I gave her my number and waiting for her to message me instead of getting her number. Things just happened so fast.  I am wondering did I somehow mess things up or am I over thinking this? I'll see her Saturday,  I am thinking of speaking to her when I see her next Saturday and say "I was going to message you last week but your phone number had not come through". She gave me a brief call just for her to save my number but it was not long enough for the call to actually get through to my phone so I don't have her number.

I was feeling good about this yesterday but now I feel a little down thinking I somehow messed things up.

13 minutes ago, toughlove1993 said:

She gave me a brief call just for her to save my number but it was not long enough for the call to actually get through to my phone so I don't have her number.

Oh buddy, you got bamboozled. She didnt even write your number. Also please dont ask her anything, if she wanted to contact you, she would. Leave it alone.

1 minute ago, Kwothe28 said:

Oh buddy, you got bamboozled. She didnt even write your number. Also please dont ask her anything, if she wanted to contact you, she would. Leave it alone.

She was showing me her phone as I was telling her the number. I am 99% certain I gave her the right number.

28 minutes ago, toughlove1993 said:

She was showing me her phone as I was telling her the number. I am 99% certain I gave her the right number.

And she didnt call you(or shall I say she pretended she did) so she wouldnt leave you her number. Again, you got bamboozled here. Move on.

Just now, Kwothe28 said:

And she didnt call you(or shall I say she pretended she did) so she wouldnt leave you her number. Again, you got bamboozled here. Move on.

She did call me (she did it in front of me), but just not long enough for me to get the missed call. I asked for her number initially and she said yes, but then I ended up giving mine as the things went fast.

Now sure why you keep saying I've been bamboozled? This girl was showing me interest and I approached her and she was happy to exchange details. It was me that messed up and did not end up getting her number. 

She was showing a lot of interest signs in me, I am just genuinely curious why she did not contact me. I was certain she would contact me. 

3 hours ago, toughlove1993 said:

this girl (22F) at work told a mutual work colleague that she finds me (30M) attractive. . I ended up going to her and asking to get her number. she ended up getting my number instead   this was about 16 hours ago and I have not heard anything back.

How long have you both been working there?  Does she have a BF? Does she date coworkers? Have you been going on breaks or chatting a bit at work before this? What "signs of interest" have you noticed? Were you asking this other coworker about her?

16 hrs is not that long, so be patient. But also be prepared for the possibility that she took your number to diffuse the situation because it's awkward to have a coworker walk up to her and try to get her number, especially if you don't have a rapport built up like going on breaks or lunch. In general it seems like she doesn't want you contacting her, for whatever reason.

10 hours ago, toughlove1993 said:

Now I know there could be reasons why she did not text back

It's not that she hasn't texted you back .. She hasn't texted you yet. 

You know not all people rush home to msg someone.  Maybe she's still 'thinking on it'.

Just because some gal finds some guy attractive does not mean instant access. 😉 .  I like the looks of many but I don't hand out my number.

So.. slow down & breathe.  Carry on.  She now has the option to contact you & chat .. meet up etc.. IF she wants.

So, carry on.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, toughlove1993 said:

I see her next Saturday and say "I was going to message you last week but your phone number had not come through". 

Since you work together, see if she contacts you. If not, be friendly and professional at work, but don't pursue. She already sidestepped giving you her number, and you certainly don't want her complaining about sexual harassment at work. 

I would give her more time. Maybe she doesn't want to appear too eager. Or, for whatever reason, she's had a change of heart. Who knows. 

Too soon to say she's not interested though. I'd wait a few more days. If she doesn't contact you, I wouldn't approach her on Saturday. If she approaches you, take it from there. 

• Like 1

I’ve been solicited by women before and had some interest but took a bit to get back to them, simply because life got in the way and I wasn’t mentally available for new conversation, but I did reach out eventually.  So I wouldn’t say her delay in reaching out means that she won’t [reach out] 

Another perspective no one has brought up yet is  that she’s 22…. I get the age gap isn’t super big between you two, but she’s 22…..  I have a friend who is 25 and his gf is 22 and her and her friends talk about men in their 30s like they’re far too old to be hitting them up, and in most cases I’d agree. She could have told her friends and got skeeved out - it’s one thing to find someone pleasant to look at, totally other ballgame to pursue anything with that person 

• Like 1