girls kissing girls

Two girls kissing doesnt do much for me, typically in bars and such places it seems more as a thing to do in order to get attention. I can understand that two girls kissing that are attractive could be intriguing but just two girls kissing gets annoying to me personally. Most guys will watch a girl they see as attractive do almost anything, and two attractive girls kissing seems to increase their interest. Can two girls kissing be hot, yes it sure can but in most instances its just two average girls kissing isnt exciting. Guys seem to just egg on this behavior because it just gets that much closer to them doing "lesbian" activities together.

It just seems to me that some guys get really excited over two girls kissing, its not like they are going to rip their clothes off and start having lesbian sex right in front of them, it is just kissing.

If two girls are attracted to one another, bi or gay, then by all means go ahead and kiss away.

Generally though I see "straight" girls in bars doing it for attention, either because they are urged to, for a contest (man those are stupid) or just well, to get attention - seems rather crass, immature and silly to me. It seems to be another effect from an overly-sexualized generation, and peer pressure.....just odd IMO...yet a lot of guys still "fall for it"....so I guess it works for them..

How many guys would see a girl do that and think of her as a possible girlfriend as opposed to a one night stand type of girl?

Of my guy friends, even those who would say "it is hot" rather than something less complimentary would be sure to be out the door before the sun rose if they actually took them home....definitely of my friends not what makes "girlfriend material".

Shimino, don't you realize if you fantasize of your GF kissing another girl you are really allowing her to cheat on you? No matter what the sex of the other person is, if your partner is engaging in sexual conduct with her/him it is cheating!

You know what, so many women (including myself) have just done that to get attention. It's not that pleasant, and I dont know what it does for guys! I'd like to know though...

I think the guys who like it see it as some sort of "taboo" and get a kick out of believing the girls are actually enjoying it whether or not they really are. When I was 13 y/o I saw a girl/girl movie for the first time over a friends house and I can't describe the feeling of euphoria it gave me, then again I guess my hormones were in overdrive at that age.

I don't think anything of it. I don't think it's hot, but I don't think it's completely disguisting. If I was given a choice to see it or not, I would say no.. That's how it is with seeing a guy and a girl kiss. I don't really like watching anybody kissing, cause it can be sort of gross, and it doesn't turn me on to see it..

Yawn.

I think it's a cheap way for cheap girls to get attention, and try to make guys think they're "cool" or-- "hot" LOL

It's pretty pathetic when Madonna and Britney have to stoop to that level, but if they can't get noticed any other way, I suppose sticking their tongues down a girl's throat is one way to do it.

My friend and I were actually just arguing about this the other day. I find it really annoying when girls do this sort of thing at a bar for attention or what not. Women (and men for that matter) who are bi or gay are stigmatized for doing such thing. If a woman is average or not attractive (by the 'typical' standards) it's looked down upon because it's no longer 'appealing'. I know for myself and my other friends who are bi or gay, they've had to deal with sooo much stigma because of the choices that they make, and then people do it for 'fun' and it's fine and sexy. I don't think I'm really articulating my point very well, but yes. Sorry, I'm done ranting now lol.

As a guy, i dont nessecarily see it as being the greatest turn on, but I'd be lying if i said didnt like the thought of it. I don't know what it is about it though, and I mean there are guys that REALLY go CRAZY over this stuff as we know. Maybe its the thrill? The thought of double action? I dont know.. It's a good show that like you've all said for attention.

What I don't get is the double standard. Of the guys who like seeing two girls kiss, how are you with seeing two guys kiss? If you like the idea of seeing your girlfriend or significant other kiss another girl, would you be willing to kiss another guy for her? Seems to me its usually neat for two girls to do it, but most don't like the idea of guys doing it. Doesn't make sense, if one's ok you have to accept the other.

Personally, I don't like it nor find it thrilling. I especially find it sad when its used as a cheap means of getting attention. Then again I live in San Francisco, not like I don't see gay people walking down the street and holding hands everyday.

What I don't get is the double standard. Of the guys who like seeing two girls kiss, how are you with seeing two guys kiss?

What would interest a heterosexual man in seeing two guys kiss? I don't know any straight guys that would enjoy the sight of seeing two guys kissing, makes me ill just thinking about it...

Seems to me its usually neat for two girls to do it, but most don't like the idea of guys doing it. Doesn't make sense, if one's ok you have to accept the other.

I don't think a "double standard" even applies to this. If I enjoyed seeing guys kissing I'd have no problem admitting it.

I'm just saying it seems like another example of how viewing women in a sexually way is socially accepted but the same situation involving men is less common. The topic was seeing two girls kiss, and I know this topic was brought up before. But I can't remember someone, male or female, asking what people think of two guys kissing. Someone mentioned Brittny Spears and Madonna kissing. Why didn't they think of an example where two guys kissed. Can you even think of a case where two well known guys kissed?

I'm just saying it seems like another example of how viewing women in a sexually way is socially accepted but the same situation involving men is less common. The topic was seeing two girls kiss, and I know this topic was brought up before. But I can't remember someone, male or female, asking what people think of two guys kissing. Someone mentioned Brittny Spears and Madonna kissing. Why didn't they think of an example where two guys kissed. Can you even think of a case where two well known guys kissed?

You can watch Will & Grace, or Q***r as Folk or many other shows and see guys, and girls kiss...though generally the premise is they are gay.

I don't think it is a double standard, its just not as sexualized as women kissing are. Men tend to be more visual in the sense that such visions arouse them...women are more mental and might not generally be as into two guys kissing, or imagining a girl and a guy kissing....they might be more into imagining themselves kissing someone rather than going for the double vision. But there are girls who are turned on by the idea of threesomes with two guys, so is that any different?

I think when people say "what do you think of two girls kissing" they are able to separate the sex from it in a sense..its arousing and it just is "okay" to be aroused by women kissing if you are male...if they were aroused by two men they might feel more threatened (if they were male). And unless you are gay, it is not so often men will be aroused by other men kissing as they would females. It may be the same for women. Women do like looking at other female figures, and maybe for some of them they like looking at male figures kissing (actually, I know this is true...my brother whom is gay knows many women who are very into these kind of displays at the clubs).

Personally I don't care who is kissing who, whether they are straight, gay, or bi..it does not matter to me. I have seen all sorts of kisses, I don't find any of them particularly attractive as I prefer to be doing the kissing with my guy....

Girls my age actually do this- according to my cousin they actually post pictures of themselves making out on 'my space'. My cousin is 11 and she watches MTV and while I'm typing on the computer or reading or whatever she feels the need to say "LOOK! THOSE GIRLS ARE KISSING/DIRTY DANCING/WHATEVER!" every time it happens. Most of those girls are 20ish- how mature.

It's just ridiculous what some women will do to get attention.

If those girls are so hot, why do they need to kiss other girls to get people's attention?

What would interest a heterosexual man in seeing two guys kiss? I don't know any straight guys that would enjoy the sight of seeing two guys kissing, makes me ill just thinking about it...

Um, I thought he was saying was would women find this appealing.

Personally, if a guy's attractive, I'll notice him. He doesn't need to confuse me ("Uh, is he gay?") to get my attention.

And people who so desperately fight for attention are NOT attractive.

If those girls are so hot, why do they need to kiss other girls to get people's attention?

Good question. Perhaps its the cheap thrill of doing something supposedly wild and against the norm? Perhaps its for shock value? But really, after you've seen it once its nothing new or incredible. We had a whole big deal a year ago about gay marriages, same sex kissing is nothing new.

Um, I thought he was saying was would women find this appealing

That's what I was saying. I don't expect guys to want to see other guys kiss. But it's interesting how you hear more from guys about girls kissing each other then you hear from girls about guys kissing each other.

elila, your a smart girl. I like your attitude.

Quote:

Um, I thought he was saying was would women find this appealing.

Quote:

Um, I thought he was saying was would women find this appealing

That's what I was saying. I don't expect guys to want to see other guys kiss. But it's interesting how you hear more from guys about girls kissing each other then you hear from girls about guys kissing each other.

Ummm....this is the exact quote:

What I don't get is the double standard. Of the guys who like seeing two girls kiss, how are you with seeing two guys kiss?

Also, a lot of women probably wouldn't enjoy the sight of men kissing because the act between two men seems a bit too feminine. Women (straight, anyway) like "masculinity" in men, which isn't really conveyed when seeing them kissing each other. Atleast this is what I'm told by a few women that I've asked. I definitely can't speak for most of them.

Also, a lot of women probably wouldn't enjoy the sight of men kissing because the act between two men seems a bit too feminine. Women (straight, anyway) like "masculinity" in men, which isn't really conveyed when seeing them kissing each other. Atleast this is what I'm told by a few women that I've asked. I definitely can't speak for most of them.

I see what you're getting at- it's still a double standard because women aren't seen as 'unfeminine' for kissing another girl. Well, depending on what the guy's definition of femininity is.

Some might see her kissing another girl for attention as vulgar which is not usually considered feminine.

I don't see where a girl kissing another girl is all that "feminine." We'd probably have to decide what makes someone masculine or feminine, and then we'd get a wide range of opinions and would have to deal with old fashioned stereotypes. What I get from guys who like watching girls kiss is that it is exciting to see two hot females going at it. The same idea could apply to women watching men, yet it doesn't really seem to.

Really, what's the point? Why watch other people kiss when you can find someone you really care for, kiss them and enjoy it a million times more. And anyone who needs to pull a stunt like that to get attention is being foolish and desparate.

I don't see where a girl kissing another girl is all that "feminine."

It is referred to as such because "women" are feminine. It is a very "feminine" act when you have 2 girls kissing, especially if they aren't gay or into each other in a sexual way. Straight women also hold each others hands, that is also considered "feminine" in that situation. You don't see guys holding each others hands, and I don't care how "close" two guys are, you aren't going to see them kissing unless they're gay (maybe with some extremely rare exceptions).

What I get from guys who like watching girls kiss is that it is exciting to see two hot females going at it.

Yes.

The same idea could apply to women watching men, yet it doesn't really seem to.

Think of what attracts women to men, if nothing else, they want a man to behave like a man. Seeing two guys kiss does not come accross as a very "manly" thing to do, it is quite the opposite.

Really, what's the point? Why watch other people kiss when you can find someone you really care for, kiss them and enjoy it a million times more.

If I see two hot women kissing I'm going to look. If I see an attractive naked woman dancing in the streets like a lunatic, I'm going to look at that as well. What does any of this have to do with kissing someone you care for?

If I see two hot women kissing I'm going to look. If I see an attractive naked woman dancing in the streets like a lunatic, I'm going to look at that as well. What does any of this have to do with kissing someone you care for?

When was the last time you saw a naked women dancing in the street? Mardi Gras doesn't count.

I was saying that instead of talking about strangers kissing, focus on your own life and get it in order so that you can meet someone of your own and be able to kiss her. I have no interest in watching, the real fun is in doing. I'm not going to bother with who is kissing whom, all that matters to me is that I end up kissing that right person who means the world to be.

It is referred to as such because "women" are feminine. It is a very "feminine" act when you have 2 girls kissing, especially if they aren't gay or into each other in a sexual way.

If it is because women are femine, then men should be masculine. This is why I said it would mean getting into what people consider to be masculine or feminie traits. Based upon what I know of you I would think you would be one to go under traditional patterns of "real men" being strong, sturdy, the breadwinner who wears the pants in the family, doesn't cry, is in control, etc. Meanwhile women are more in touch with their feelings, likely to show emotions, dresses and looks nice, etc. But that doesn't have to be true. Guys can show emotions, hug instead of shake hands. Women can be just as rough and tumble as guys.

So what is masculine and what is femine is open to interpretation.

I don't see anything exciting about two women going at it. And I don't see how it is feminine, whatever that really means.

Maybe the fact that I'm in San Francisco and live a 15 minute walk from the Castro district which is a center of gay pride just has me blind to what the big deal is. It's no big deal people. There just two people kissing.