I have crush on my older coworker

I have a crush on my older coworker. I often compliment her and she's appreciate my compliments.

I'm 25 and 6'3, and she's 58 and 5'2

I told her she a beautiful woman and she appreciated it.

I said "you're welcome" and she responded with something along the lines "you're welcome as well"

Could she enjoy my compliments despite the age difference?

21 minutes ago, BornUnderPunches97 said:

I have a crush on my older coworker. I often compliment her and she's appreciate my compliments.

It's best not to make passes or anything that could be misconstrued as a pass at a coworker. Act polite and professional at all times. Date outside of work. 

4 hours ago, BornUnderPunches97 said:

I'm 25 and 6'3, and she's 58 and 5'2

I told her she a beautiful woman and she appreciated it.

I said "you're welcome" and she responded with something along the lines "you're welcome as well"

Could she enjoy my compliments despite the age difference?

I would never, ever compliment her on her appearance ever again at the workplace whatever her age or even gender.  Of course she might enjoy them and just as of course of course she might go to HR at some point if she feels too awkward to tell you to stop.  Who cares how tall you are and how tall she is? I'm 56 and 5"2 and I wouldn't like any man at my office complimenting me on my appearance no matter what.  It would make me uncomfortable because it's inappropriate.  I'm fine with complimenting on an accessory "nice tie!" or "nice scarf" and sure if someone got a haircut -in my office that's also fine -yes it depends slightly on the office setting but in general - beyond that is a big no no. 

If you're no longer working together and want to ask her on a date to me the age gap is too large but that's just me-of course that would be ok to ask her out if you're not working at the same place.

The age difference isn't your problem. 

STOP "complimenting" her right now.  This could be construed as sexual harassment. 

Also, from a female perspective- we do not appreciate being hit on at work.  I personally find it creepy when it's happened to me and I say "thank you", just to get the guy to leave.  Please understand (and this isn't personal, it's just a FACT that few men truly appreciate or understand)- Women are hit on inappropriately ALL THE TIME.  Women often find ourselves in situations where we don't want to seem rude or face retaliation, so we'll say "thank you" and move on.  Because (ask any woman you know)- TOO often if we say even the MILDEST form of "no" or anything negative, we are met with aggressive response.  (IE Well, you're just a B!, I guess you think you're too good for me.  And other vile things I won't repeat here)

PLEASE do not equate a woman being kind for romantic interest.   It's also best NOT to date co-workers.  Too much drama and chances for things to go south.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1