Just received the most traumatic news from my girlfriend

TheG

I am writing this in a traumatic state. 

So from my previous post I got in a relationship which has been going really well since we started. We have been spending almost every weekend together since beginning of December last year. And we have been sexually active for a while. 

Today we had sex without protection for the first time and a couple of hours later her mood changed and she got all angry and wanted to go home. Just before she got into the uber she said that shes breaking up with me. When she got to her flat she sent me a message apologizing for her angry behaviour saying she was overwhelmed and frustrated by something. She asked me to come to her place as she needs to tell me something face to face. 

When I got here she was crying and struggling to tell me what the issue is. finally she to me that she is HIV positive and that she spoke to her doctor and I should get PEP medication, ASAP. Of course I had a lot of questions. I was so speechless and about 5 minutes later I told her not to worry and that I will make some calls and deal with it. 

I am still shocked and had to share a bit of what was going through my mind right now. 

She did this deliberately. She's been putting you at risk since the beginning if you two have been intimate kissing. I can't imagine doing that to someone I claim to love. 

Please contact your doctor ASAP and find out your testing and potential treatment options. It is possible you did not contract the virus from her. But your doctor will have accurate information.

I'm sorry. This has to be quite frightening, but again it may turn out OK. I do recommend you don't see her anymore. Not just because of the virus but because she deceived you in such a big way. I could never trust someone who is capable of doing something so awful.