Should I doubt my man?

A random girl in a restaurant suddenly claimed that my boyfriend was asking for her number in the washroom. But he is denying the fact and saying he didn't even talk to a single person there. I never have seen anything in him so that I can doubt on him. He is very caring and shows his love and affection in every possible way. I have free access to his phone laptop everything even his bank. Now I'm very much confused why the girl would lie and I cannot digest the fact even that he can cheat. Whenever he is online he talks only with me... At night too he studies with me. If someone has any intention of cheating it can be felt by their instinct. He is leaving no stone behind to make me believe that the girl is lying. He didn't ask for anyone's number. What should I do? Even if he did is it okay for a boy to ask a random girl's number. Should I break up with him?

1 hour ago, sheena bajaj said:

A random girl in a restaurant suddenly claimed that my boyfriend was asking for her number in the washroom. But he is denying the fact and saying he didn't even talk to a single person there. I never have seen anything in him so that I can doubt on him. He is very caring and shows his love and affection in every possible way. I have free access to his phone laptop everything even his bank. Now I'm very much confused why the girl would lie and I cannot digest the fact even that he can cheat. Whenever he is online he talks only with me... At night too he studies with me. If someone has any intention of cheating it can be felt by their instinct. He is leaving no stone behind to make me believe that the girl is lying. He didn't ask for anyone's number. What should I do? Even if he did is it okay for a boy to ask a random girl's number. Should I break up with him?

But why would a girl who is a complete stranger and doesn't know you lie that he asked for her number? It's very unlikely she would do that. I'm sorry but I think he probably did actually ask her for her number.

• Like 1

Except if its some kind of a prank or the woman is just crazy, there is no incentive to lie there. On the other hand its highly unlikely that he would be so good with "covering his tracks" if you have access to everything. Unless he has a second phone for cheating lol. You should take it with the grain of salt for now. But now you have at least doubt so who knows what you could discover if you really dig this up further. Its a slippery slope kind of a situation. Where if you uncover one thing it would probably led to another etc. So you should at least be on the lookout for now on.

2 hours ago, sheena bajaj said:

A random girl in a restaurant suddenly claimed that my boyfriend was asking for her number in the washroom

Wait, how did this even happen? 

You were eating at this restauarant. Your boyfriend gets up to use the restroom. Comes back. And then this random girl comes out to find you at your table and tell you (in front of your boyfriend, I assume) that he asked for her number while he was in there?

• Like 2

Do you date in person ? I was confused by your description.  Why do you need all that access to his personal devices and bank ? Did you ask and if so why ? Unless it was a mistaken identity thing my guess is he did ask her. Why he asked might have an innocent explanation but I say he probably did. 

• Like 1
On 1/2/2023 at 10:58 AM, Batya33 said:

Do you date in person ? I was confused by your description.  Why do you need all that access to his personal devices and bank ?

I second this.

If you've been together a good while & live together, I can understand you both having access to each other's personals - but still.  I dated a guy 5 yrs, never felt a need to go thru his phone. ( Until the last cpl of months, where I did assume he was lying/cheating - in which I was proven correct 😉 ).  But all that time, I never  did anything with his phone.. Respect & trust should be present.  If that isn't there, expect problems 😕 .