I'm pregnant but not sure if this relationship will work out

Guest Anonymous

4 hours ago, Guest Anonymous said:

Thank you  🙂 Well believe it or not I don't regret having the baby part of it. I'm happy about it. I'm growing a little human being and I see it as a miracle. I want to have a child. Now just to try to work around the rest of the issues lol

I totally believe it and also hope you didn’t do this intentionally when you weren’t in a stable relationship- I was over the moon to be pregnant my one and only time. I was almost 42. I totally get it. It is a total miracle. I was that old because I waited until I was with the right person. I wish you a continued healthy pregnancy. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Guest Anonymous said:

Thank you  🙂 Well believe it or not I don't regret having the baby part of it. I'm happy about it. I'm growing a little human being and I see it as a miracle. I want to have a child. Now just to try to work around the rest of the issues lol

OP, I note you have mentioned many times how you have always wanted a child and being in your late 30's etc.  I have to admit that I can't help but get the impression that you perhaps "accidently on purpose" had unprotected sex in the hope of falling pregnant? Are you really being totally honest with yourself here?

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Guest Anonymous said:

Thank you so much! 🙂 I'm really sorry you had an abortion, that must have been very difficult   😞 I don't want to have an abortion because I always wanted to have kids. I'm in my late 30's so this is a real chance for me to actually have what I always wanted. I just think, why have an abortion and then what? How do I know when I'll ever have a child again? 

Also I'm pro choice but I just thought this about MYSELF only. That if I got pregnant, unless it was from rape, that I would have it. It just never happened ever before but now it has. 

My partner's Mum actually seems nice and she has been friendly to me and very chatty. But I do also feel that she's clingy and has trouble letting go. She told me that she breast fed her kids until they were about five years old! She said she stopped breastfeeding feeding because they went to school and that's what stopped it! I think she's got some unhealthy ways of bonding with her children and her boundaries are poor also.

It's awkward when you're trying to have a chat about issues with the parent because you think, are they going to hate me? Lol But I I do it gently it's probably a good idea.

Good morning Anon,

It really was. At the time I was 23, very early on but took the decision far too rapidly and lightly. I go through phases where it randomly pops up into my mind and I can’t tell you how much it drags me down. I feel like I committed a murderous crime that no one has found me out for yet.

I understand sometimes that is sadly the only option for some women, and I support them in that. For me, the waste was, I could have kept that potential right there but I gave myself all these stupid reasons why I wasn’t ready and why it was the wrong time. My husband (boyfriend at the time) didn’t want to persuade me either way so supported me but kept silent on the issue. He always told me it was up too me. I know he would have happily had the pregnancy if he was truthful. We don’t talk about it, none of my friends or family know. It‘a a dark secret for me that I shove out of my mind and forget it ever happened most days and years.

You know yourself OP - you know your partner and your situation, you can probably imagine what kind of father he will be. Best of luck. Parenting is quite insane and exceptionally beautiful. I am not religious but when people say it is a miracle, it really feels that way. I think it is. 

You’ll inevitably have tough times, regardless of having a partner or not. That support network is well needed, I am glad you have that, it is essential!

x