Do you believe angry people have it better in life?

Message added by kamurj,

Multiple accounts are not allowed. Topic closed.

I'm not talking about people who are angry to the degree they go to jail or lose their job.  Or they are unable to get into a relationship.

I'm talking about people who know who to yell at and who not to yell at.

When I was in the military there sure were a lot of angry people who were experts at yelling.  And many of them got promoted.  No one dared to get in their way.,

I have a friend who is a pilot and he can be angry.  When he gets angry his wife and kids stand at attention.  He only yells at people who he feels comfortable with.

It seems to me if a person walks around with a "tough" attitude people will leave them alone.  There are people who you have to "walk on eggshells" around less you piss them off.

23 minutes ago, DancingFool said:

You seem to have a problem understanding and correctly interpreting basic human behaviors and interactions. Why do you think that is?

You seem to have a problem understanding posts.  Why do you think that is?

11 minutes ago, DavidCA said:

You seem to have a problem understanding posts.  Why do you think that is?

Because you keep posting survey type questions. I can't tell if you're asking for advice or if you're trying to find people who agree with your point of view for some reason.

This forum is primarily for advice. 

I posted a survey type question but I put it in the Off Topic section as I am not looking for advice. Maybe try that?

I don’t think they do. You might get that immediate gratification of seeming in control, but I would assume it can’t feel good after some time has passed. I know showing vulnerability is often harder for people, so they mask with anger. The angrier the person, the more vulnerable and hurt they seem to me. When I get angry I get fleeting moments of “having showed them”, but these feelings pass quickly and are replaced by shame and guilt. It’s like a scared dog backed into a corner. All it knows to do is bite, because it’s scared. 

I would never want my daughter to do what I want, because I get angry. I want her to be able to come to me with problems, because she trusts me. I don’t want her to hide her problems, because she’s afraid of my reactions. I’ve found angry people in my life to be energy draining more so than anything else. Real strength I think lies in someone who is firm, but polite. 

• Like 2