I have no idea what to do

I started talking to this guy a couple of weeks ago end it was good, we went on a couple dates and our texts flowed pretty smooth. I had a personal incident that happened and I got severely depressed about it. I told him that I was in a weird place and that it wasn’t something that I really wanted to talk about. He asked me if it had anything to do with him but I reaffirmed it wasn’t him. However, days later after I had gotten over the initial shock of the issue and we had been talking like normal again he blew up at me. He started saying that I was a terrible person and that I was terrible at communicating. He kept telling me I should’ve talked to him because of my issue. I told him that it was respectful to give me time especially since I just met him. He still is disagreeing with me about it and criticizing me. I’m just wondering if I should just end it since he won’t listen to me, but I feel guilty because it was nice before and he still wants to try. 

8 minutes ago, peachysyrup said:

He started saying that I was a terrible person and that I was terrible at communicating. He kept telling me I should’ve talked to him because of my issue. I told him that it was respectful to give me time especially since I just met him. He still is disagreeing with me about it and criticizing me. I’m just wondering if I should just end it . . . 

The short answer here is yes.  He has no right to act like that--it's not up to him to disagree and criticize.  If you allow it, it will happen regularly.  Do not feel guilty--feel relieved that you found out before you got too far in.

edited to add: I love it when people show you who they are right away so you don't have to waste too much time on them.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, waffle said:

The short answer here is yes.  He has no right to act like that--it's not up to him to disagree and criticize.  If you allow it, it will happen regularly.  Do not feel guilty--feel relieved that you found out before you got too far in.

edited to add: I love it when people show you who they are right away so you don't have to waste too much time on them.

thank you this is the reassurance that I needed

• Like 2
9 hours ago, peachysyrup said:

. I told him that I was in a weird place and that it wasn’t something that I really wanted to talk about. He asked me if it had anything to do with him but I reaffirmed it wasn’t him. 

Block and delete him from all your social media and messaging apps.

Next time date or don't date. But don't expect someone you're texting for 14 days and have seen twice to deal with your shock and awe.

When you drop bombs like this then won't disclose what's going on, expect strangers to assume you're creating unnessary drama.

His reaction however indicates that you dodged a bullet.

• Like 1