I found out I have Chlamydia at 14 weeks pregnant..

Plantylover

Hi everyone. I'm 14 weeks pregnant and after a visit to the hospital after some bleeding, my doctor called me into her office. She informed me that I have Chlamydia. This is my 3rd pregnancy in the past 8 months including 2 losses. Each time I went to my initial appointments where my doctor tested for it like they always do, of course being negative all those other times, including the beginning of this pregnancy. She made clear what I already knew and what anyone reading this is thinking. That my either my partner or myself had to have had sex with someone else. And since I know it wasn't me....
He is chosing to lie to me and deny anything has happened. I know the reality is that simply isn't possible. I honestly just need a kick in the ass and some brutal honesty here. I'm not even sure what my question or what I want out of this but feeling weak and broken right now and need to get it off of my chest somewhere.

3 hours ago, Plantylover said:

I know the reality is that simply isn't possible. I honestly just need a kick in the ass and some brutal honesty here.

It does seem like a pretty dire situation, but it's hard to know what to tell you without more insight into your relationship. Have you confronted him about the test results?

I'm so incredibly sorry. This must be devastating for you and my heart goes out to you.

Do you see a way past this? Because if you don't, as hard as it is the best thing for you to do is walk away. He's completely disregarded yours and your babies health and hasn't even got the decency to admit to it which frankly is the very least you deserve.

All the best. x

6 hours ago, Plantylover said:

. She informed me that I have Chlamydia. This is my 3rd pregnancy in the past 8 months including 2 losses. 

Sorry this is happening. How long have you been dating? How old is he?

Has he been tested?  Were the other pregnancies with him? How long have you been trying and were you tested the other 2 times?

Does he have a history of cheating? How long has he had it and will he get treatment? 

If you wish to keep the pregnancy, did your doctor advice against further unprotected sex with him?

Archived