Asking a girl out

Drav221

So I have had a massive crush on this girl at a local grocery store for about 2 years now. I used to work down there and maybe only had 2-3 conversations with her that were extremely brief, but filled with similar interests (hiking, photography, etc). I've been wanting to ask her out, but I've been way to scared to do it.

When I finally decided I was gonna do it, she started working in the Pharmacy of the store, which has now caused it to be even more difficult and awkward for me to talk to her. She's in a box, and is busy all the time. Got on tinder a couple weeks ago, and noticed she was on there and I instantly deleted it, and want to ask her out face to face.. I feel it would have a stronger effect because I feel tinder is a waste of time.

I don't know how to approach this. I had an idea, but it involves me talking to her at her job, and I find that disrespectful. I have yet to run into her while she's shopping. I don't have any prescription meds, so I cannot use that excuse. I went and got my flu shot one evening, and she did all my paperwork.. which I sat there choking up the ENTIRE time, so I feel like an idiot lol

Please help me out here!

Have you thought about making it casual and related to mutual interests?

"Hey, I'm thinking about grabbing my camera one day this week to take some artsy urban pics. Wanna come? I thought it might be more fun with another set of eyes."

Not too pushy or formal, just two people hanging out together doing something they both have an interest in.

46 minutes ago, AutumnBorn said:

Have you thought about making it casual and related to mutual interests?

"Hey, I'm thinking about grabbing my camera one day this week to take some artsy urban pics. Wanna come? I thought it might be more fun with another set of eyes."

Not too pushy or formal, just two people hanging out together doing something they both have an interest in.

That's sort of the idea I was going for, but I have not had a conversation with her in quite a while. It's also the approach to the pharmacy desk that is worrying me. I don't want it to be awkward for her.

10 hours ago, Drav221 said:

. Got on tinder a couple weeks ago, and noticed she was on there and I instantly deleted it.

Get back on tinder. Tinder is a dating app. That's what it's for. Approaching her at work isn't a great idea

Basically it seems more like you're simply caught up in anxiety and that's why you deleted Tinder.

You would rather deliberate endlessly how, where, etc to ask her rather than actually go on a date.

If you wanted to actually date your chance was right in your hand on Tinder.

But.. then the fantasy would end. She would become real. Either a real date or a real 'no thank you'.

This isn't about how or where to ask her out. You would have done so years ago.

Archived