Ex messaging after I broke up with him

Roadtoheal

Okay.. Im going to buck the system a little bit but not too much. This is what think.

DO NOT reply. I can tell you why.. If you reply, its a victory for him and you will only encourage more. Even if you say "Stop" its a reply which means he wins. If he is narcissistic, manipulating if you completely block him, he will find ways to get a hold of you. So what you do is you have a controlled avenue for him to send messages to. I mean you block him on everything but one. Block him on your phone and all other social media except for one and make this one avenue your least important one. Say Instagram or something. Because sometimes its nice to know where crazy is going to come from and if you keep one avenue open, then you know that he will only contact you there. If you completely block him then he can contact you from anywhere.

As for the guy... He is not going to change or if he changes its going to take a long long time. So by the time that happens, you could of already found another guy who will make you happier. So let this guy go. What you are missing is the idea of him being the perfect BF but as you see, he is not. So just let him go, don't reply and make room in your heart and life for someone better.

As long as "what will he think of me" is your foremost motivation, dictating your actions, you will remain in the prison he started and you are still in. You could get help to break this continued worship of him. Do some research on domestic violence and Google Stockholm Syndrome.

The moment you switch your thoughts and actions to you, his messages and contacts will not matter or bother much and to get your thoughts in line so you can lead a peaceful life, you need to block him for some days may be months may be years. It does not mean you are doing some crime or injustice to someone, it just means you love your well being, you care for yourself, you dont want to get hurt any more. You want to move on from all this for now.

Some people are just that they come and go in our lives they teach you few important lessons and its upto us to learn from those experiences and move ahead in lives.

Imagine you meeting some nice, loving person in near future and he sees you all bothered with this ex of yours. To meet the right person in the right mindset you need to let go of your past.

Take the right decision at the right time, time never waits for us, situations keep repeating if we dont learn the lessons.

Archived