Confused about sudden separation

Whirling D

Sounds like the party was a big success. Let that steer the ship today, tomorrow, and into the New Year.

I'm all for talking things out during difficult moments, but there is an art to it. Part of the art is being judicious, so that molehills aren't "talked" into mountains when the wind of time was in the process of smoothing them over.

The winds are blowing in your favor right now. I say enjoy the breeze.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say… She is supposed to be here any minute to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas morning, and I am nervous as hell.

She seemed a little cantankerous on the phone when we were talking a while ago about what she was going to bring with her. That makes me feel very vulnerable.

Geez.

I have to say… She is supposed to be here any minute to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas morning, and I am nervous as hell.

She seemed a little cantankerous on the phone when we were talking a while ago about what she was going to bring with her. That makes me feel very vulnerable.

Geez.

Next time you feel this way here's a challenge: try replacing "nervous as hell" with either "excited" or "like myself." They are accurate substitutes, from what you've offered, if less apocalyptic ones. You might find yourself less taken with the mystery of your own feelings if you can demystify them a touch.

Hope it's going well!

Archived