Divorced, in something new but an ex is in touch ?

rocktop

Just wanted to thank everyone for the thoughts but thankfully , problem solved.

l'll just say too though , the ex knew about the gf and gf knows ex and l still talk a bit, she just didn't know the latest.

Which l know is a big thing , and after talking about it here l'd decided to tell her.

But anyway , long story short , l'll try to explain, ex and l have decided not to go any further or bother meeting again , and tbh , l was kinda hoping we'd figure this out first and not even need to see each other and we pretty well have.

Things are different , you know , whether it's that times just moved on , we've changed a bit over the years, water under the bridge we don't know. but of course for me my gf now has def' played a big part in it too.

But , we're just different, we've lost our spark though l hate that term , we have. Even convo, it's been pretty slow and at many times just no feel for it anymore , but so much more, it all just doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Sooooo, we agree with things the way they seem now there just ain't much point in going any further and especially not in her doing the huge trip over here .

So, we've got our closure . lt's sad that we've somehow for whatever reason become this now especially compared to what we once were and it'll take some time to feel it all through , for sure. But at the same time it's also a relief to just feel finally mutually settled about it , us, each other, and the past too.

Thanks again for the thoughts and advice .

Just curious. You opened this thread stating that the distance is what made you two decide this part time relationship didn't have a future. But here you mention `spats'.

Why exactly did you break up to begin with, because it does make a difference.

That was talking about two different things and times , probably just didn't explain it right.

Anyway, we broke up back when because in the end she couldn't move here after all the way she originally planned, and l couldn't move there for different reasons either.

Good.

Now block her number, block her on social media, and put her email on reject.

And make some extra effort with your current partner.

If they still talk the ex might be telling her all about it at some point.

I agree with closing this chapter of your life. Even if she is "cool' about it, its not right in regards to your girlfriend to be 'talking a lot". I thought you didn't hear a word and all the sudden she contacted you out of the blue. I would tell her you decided to fully move on and focus on your girlfriend and its not appropriate to talk anymore.

Yeah we've talked a bit on and off, been awhile though but nope they don't know each other and ex certainly wasn't cool about gf or gf about us talking , but ,, nother story.

Anyway yeah we talked about that , ex and l , and l'm glad for her because she will move on now. As far as gf l don't know yet how it's gonna go but time will tell l guess. Whatever happens though ex and l are at the end of the line. l really hope she finds someone l'd hate for her to go to waste.

Archived