Never asks me about me?

dizzygirl

They have a plethora of support groups specifically for ICD patients precisely because of the changes in life you have to adapt to. From your health to sex and dating. Check local hospitals and clinics, or simply call your cardiologists office.

when I say banged I meant he caught it, it sticks put under my arm and he felt it. I said out here that my Defibrillator but nothing was said. Anyway I decided to call it a day this morning.
They have a plethora of support groups specifically for ICD patients precisely because of the changes in life you have to adapt to. From your health to sex and dating. Check local hospitals and clinics, or simply call your cardiologists office.

I’m absolutely fine with it, thank you x

He’s reply to me finishing it was as follows... “Thanks for that, really needed to hear that today, Cheers xxx”

So good call on my behalf x

I think he was saying he was having a bad day and you breaking things off kinda added to it, not that he’s glad you ended things.

I don’t know, that’s my impression at least.

OP has a defibrillator - implanted mechanical device that monitors her heart rate and sends electrical signals when things go awry. The comments you all are making do nothing to improve her self esteem about it. You could just do a simple google search instead of the rude comments implying something dirty about it. Come on people. Be better than this.

I didn't find the questions rude. The OP didn't choose her words well, and she also didn't elaborate on what this ICD is. I mean, let's look at what "banging" implies, particularly on a site about dating. Personally, it sounded more like "blowing up my phone," (is it a texting app?) but my mind did think of something more naughty. My medical background did make me consider a cardiac device as well, and thought maybe this guy made her heart go pitter-patter (exciting, handsome, potential long-term), but not everyone is going to have that knowledge or mind-frame, and not everyone is going to do a Google search to interpret what something means. The OP could have stated, "He kept >bumping

On that, I wouldn't ask. Not on a first date, especially. I think the OP should discuss it or bring it up when she is ready, as it can be quite rude to ask about it. I have a gnarly scar, and the reality is, I hardly ever think about it and it never occurs to me to explain it. I don't usually bring it up first or volunteer the information. I have responded to questions. I don't mind the questions and nobody has ever been rude. Very few people ask. Why? Because it's rude or can be considered rude, and some people can be more sensitive about such prodding. After 5 dates, is that enough time to inquire, or maybe the guy knows what it is and just doesn't care whether she has an ICD or not. Those answers will come in time. If the OP has a need to explain the device to men she's dating, she should probably become more comfortable bringing it up and volunteering the information. When is a good time to do that? I don't know. She doesn't want to come across as needy or "sickly" by divulging her health issues too soon.

Anyway, OP, I think that if this guy is giving you pause as he's coming across as selfish and self-absorbed, I'm glad you put an end to it. I think you did right by giving it a bit more time (at least for your own peace of mind), hopefully he relaxes a little and expresses more of an interest in you, but you didn't waste too much time on a dead end.

Archived