I’m not sure if I should talk to him or if I should end things?

Clueless24

I get what you mean, which is why I wanted to talk to him. I wanted us to both be on the same page and let him know that I felt like we made a mistake by moving too fast and getting too drunk. Maybe he did feel like I would appreciate a picture like that because I gave off hints that I didn’t realize. All the more reason to clear the air. But I didn’t get that opportunity because he just disappeared.

Stop needing to explain yourself to him. Forgive yourself for any perceived wrong doing (you did nothing wrong). Just know yourself better and don't get drunk and vulnerable to someone you barely know. Its a lesson learned, nothing to dwell any further on now.

I get what you mean, which is why I wanted to talk to him. I wanted us to both be on the same page and let him know that I felt like we made a mistake by moving too fast and getting too drunk. Maybe he did feel like I would appreciate a picture like that because I gave off hints that I didn’t realize. All the more reason to clear the air. But I didn’t get that opportunity because he just disappeared.

I don't think you did anything wrong other than put yourself in a potentially very dangerous situation. I'm confused as to why you would suggest to him that he made a mistake in having sex so soon. Maybe he had a great time and maybe he's fine with having a relationship with someone no matter when they have sex/ didn't feel it was too fast. I'd let him decide that for himself. I know it must be frustrating not to be able to talk with him about it. It takes two and his silence tells you that he would prefer not to talk about it once he knows you're not up for receiving photos like that. Or again maybe he's busy and/or meant to send it to someone else he is dating right now. It's jerky of him to disappear after only two dates but many people after only two dates decide not to see the person again. Still, it's only polite to respond to a text even if the response is "thanks for your text, I wish you well".

Sorry it didn't work out!

Relax and let it blow over. Do not try to turn drunken hookups into relationships. Don't backpedal and try to "talk to him". Move forward with dignity and just forget the whole thing happened.

The more you give him the "i'm not that type and i was drunk" speeches the worse it gets and the more attention you draw to it. Empty talk never undoes facts. Hold your head up and walk away, just be polite friendly etc and skip any pointless relationship talks regarding a drunken one night stand

I wanted us to both be on the same page and let him know that I felt like we made a mistake by moving too fast and getting too drunk. Maybe he did feel like I would appreciate a picture like that because I gave off hints that I didn’t realize. All the more reason to clear the air. But I didn’t get that opportunity because he just disappeared.

He may have believed that the pic would prompt a fun response, but asking to talk may have come off like a trip to the principal's office. I'd leave it alone. Since he's never been a texter, this could be his typical delay rather than ghosting you, but if not, I'd chalk this off as getting drunk and hooking up--and done.

Since most hookups don't lead to a relationship, I'd skip that if you want a relationship. Hooking up is not a crime, it's just a message twist that says, "Sure, let's get trashed and not take ourselves or one another seriously..." which doesn't translate well into, "Okay, NOW I want to be taken seriously..."

Pick the message you want to send and stick with it. Behaving consistently will raise your chances that the guys you date will behave consistently as well.

Head high.

Archived