soul feeling deeply unsettled after a bad breakup

Just to update - I finally contacted him a few nights ago. I apologized, and he apologized, too. He said it meant a lot to him, that he really appreciated it, and that he knows I care very much and that I shouldn't worry about it (referring to me hurting over hurting him).

I could not be more pleased with the outcome. I'm so glad I finally reached out. From his messages, his healing process seems to be going great, and he appears to have made peace with our ending. When I asked him if he had any questions for me regarding the breakup, he said he didn't.

I'm traveling abroad in a few days, and he told me that he would love to hear how the trip goes once I get back. I'm honestly incredibly shocked by the kindness of his response, and I am so grateful that he finally knows the truth of how I feel and that there is no animosity between us.

Thank you for finally pushing me to reach out, Cinder.

I definitely agree that NC was needed for awhile, but staying NC forever is definitely not always the best method or solution. Contact can certainly help heal, too, once enough time has passed.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounds like he's completely over it. The blow up may have been the final nail in the coffin that convinced him you two should not be together.

I asked him if he had any questions for me regarding the breakup, he said he didn't.

I'm traveling abroad in a few days, and he told me that he would love to hear how the trip goes once I get back.

Just to update - I finally contacted him a few nights ago. I apologized, and he apologized, too. He said it meant a lot to him, that he really appreciated it, and that he knows I care very much and that I shouldn't worry about it (referring to me hurting over hurting him).

I could not be more pleased with the outcome. I'm so glad I finally reached out. From his messages, his healing process seems to be going great, and he appears to have made peace with our ending. When I asked him if he had any questions for me regarding the breakup, he said he didn't.

I'm traveling abroad in a few days, and he told me that he would love to hear how the trip goes once I get back. I'm honestly incredibly shocked by the kindness of his response, and I am so grateful that he finally knows the truth of how I feel and that there is no animosity between us.

Thank you for finally pushing me to reach out, Cinder.

I definitely agree that NC was needed for awhile, but staying NC forever is definitely not always the best method or solution. Contact can certainly help heal, too, once enough time has passed.

I'm so happy for you :-)

Even though we move on from people, we want them to know we still care deeply for them, and appreciate the knowledge and experience they gave us. And yes, even if the break up sucked...it just means you loved each other. Breakups force us to change too sometimes...and we need that.

Good luck on things :-)

Archived