Spouse gets angry whenever I try to talk about major problem

Georgia Girl

She also contributed money to help pay their child support. She is 26.

You daughter payed the child support your husband should pay to his children?

Your daughter should have never payed for your husband's child support nor should she be paying him anything.

As to the kids it's his kids and you can't do nothing about it. If you're not happy with the situation and there's not possibility of everyone getting along well and the resentment is killing you, I suggest you divorce and leave him. Apparently you've been supporting him (together with your daughter) and are now resentful that him, the kids and their mother are expecting you to support the whole family. You shouldn't be against your husband's children. Let him do what he wants and if you can't circumvent like Wiseman has said and if it's affecting you so much, divorce.

If so, contact an attorney, set everything in order financially, tell your daughter to stop paying stuff to your husband and leave. You cant expel him from the house it's his official residence and he's lived for 18 years. Nor should you. But with an attorney you can all sort out the situation.

If they are adults why don't they get a place to live? What is the the problem here? Can't they get their own house and jobs and still have a relationship with your husband?

I think that that is the problem, plus they treat her terribly. She is paying for his neglect in many ways.

OP, I still do not understand why he disappeared from his kids lives for all those years?

I cannot fathom why your daughter paid for his support. Ugh.

I think that that is the problem, plus they treat her terribly. She is paying for his neglect in many ways.

OP, I still do not understand why he disappeared from his kids lives for all those years?

I cannot fathom why your daughter paid for his support. Ugh.

The daughter paying for his child support was the most shocking part to me int he midst of all this mess. Actually, the fact that not only she payed for his child support but also that he let her do so. Which adding to the fact that he was absent from his children's lives in the past and doesn't seem to have fought much for his right to see them, seems like a huge red flag to me. I suppose he maybe regrets having neglected his children (maybe with a wake up call from his near death experience) and is trying to make up for it.

The daughter paying for his child support was the most shocking part to me int he midst of all this mess. Actually, the fact that not only she payed for his child support but also that he let her do so. Which adding to the fact that he was absent from his children's lives in the past and doesn't seem to have fought much for his right to see them, seems like a huge red flag to me. I suppose he maybe regrets having neglected his children (maybe with a wake up call from his near death experience) and is trying to make up for it.

Yup, this is his guilt for neglect. The fact that her daughter working paid his support is shocking . And that the daughter made a down payment on their house and STILL helps to pay their bills is nuts. That is not all THIS guy.

Yup, this is his guilt for neglect. The fact that her daughter working paid his support is shocking . And that the daughter made a down payment on their house and STILL helps to pay their bills is nuts. That is not all THIS guy.

Agree. This whole family dynamic (OP and daughter included) doesn't seem healthy.

Archived