Skin Cancer Scare

Have you tried meditation?

Oh yes, not sure if you've read my posts on this, but I have Bipolar 2 (not as serious as BP 1) and was placed on meds but hated it, so went off and ever since been managing symptoms on my own. For like years.

But every once in awhile, especially when I have stresses in my life, my anxiety kicks in.

I'm feeling much better today though, I finally got some sleep! Last night I slept 8 hours, yay!

Glad it turned out OK.

I had a couple of lesions that turned out to be eczema. Not life threatening in any way, but itchy and uncomfortable and annoying. Mine won't go away completely for some reason. Stubborn case.

My ex husband has had two bouts with basal cell carcinoma. He was declared cured after several years of remission but it ended up coming back worse. Poor guy also lost lots of weight, weight he didn't need to lose. But...he is very fair skinned and absolutely refused to wear a hat or sunscreen. I warned him our entire marriage but he just would not listen. Now he gets to go through rounds of surgery and chemo and radiation because the cancer spread to his lymph nodes.

Please, people...wear your sunscreen!!!

Glad it turned out OK.

I had a couple of lesions that turned out to be eczema. Not life threatening in any way, but itchy and uncomfortable and annoying. Mine won't go away completely for some reason. Stubborn case.

My ex husband has had two bouts with basal cell carcinoma. He was declared cured after several years of remission but it ended up coming back worse. Poor guy also lost lots of weight, weight he didn't need to lose. But...he is very fair skinned and absolutely refused to wear a hat or sunscreen. I warned him our entire marriage but he just would not listen. Now he gets to go through rounds of surgery and chemo and radiation because the cancer spread to his lymph nodes.

Thnx for sharing bolt, and I am so sorry to hear about what your ex experienced.. I am not familiar with eczema other than it's itchy and can look knarly, glad you're okay!

I am a bit surprised his cancer spread to lymph nodes and he had to go through chemo, everything I have read about basal cell carcinoma says it's the least dangerous, most treatable (through surgical removal) as it typically does not spread but may return in other areas. Like I said, Hugh Jackman had six basal cell carcinomas on his nose at different times.

Unlike squamous cell and melanoma that does spread and can kill if not treated, especially melanoma.

Just goes to show, even with all the research, there is still so much even doctors don't know!

I am also convinced that sun exposure is not the only reason these cancers develop.

It may make a person more vulnerable, but the woman who lost her nose from squamous cell was olive-skinned and rarely was in the sun, she was only 25 and almost died from it.

She was very overweight though and admitted to a very unhealthy lifestyle of eating lots of processed and fatty foods.

But yes wear sun screen which I have been doing for 20 years. But I am blonde/green eyes so told I am vulnerable to it.

Scary!!

Glad it turned out OK.

That will be my husband with his English skin. He burns in the WINTER in CANADA. He burns about 15 times a year every year for decades and he could care less.

S, not to sound gruesome, but tell him to look at some of the pics on the Internet of folks who have lost their noses, cheeks, ears, eyes, etc, and maybe he will change his tune.

Like Holly said though, those are extreme cases where they probably waited years to seek treatment.

If caught early, within first few months, removal will be easy, in most cases won't even leave much of a scar, if any.

Unless it's a melanoma, with certain melanomas waiting a few months could be deadly.

Melanomas are very rare though.

An acquaintance (former coworker) has been doing long distance with her bf for almost two years while he is working/attending Uni in Switzerland.

It's going okay! They take turns visiting twice a year, two weeks each time.

They call, video-chat in between, they're both very independent and it seems to be working.

So hoping bf and I can do same but we shall see!

Archived