My Female Physio is interested?

craig62

We are both in our mid 20s...

As your physiotherapist, although she is in the role of treating you, let's get real here. It's not out of the realm of possibility she's attracted to you, so I wouldn't rule it out just cause she's your therapist.

However, I'm sure she is also aware of how highly inappropriate it would be to act on that attraction while she's treating you, so her "politely" trying to "get rid of you" (your words) may not be such a bad thing.

Maybe she does maybe she doesn't.

If you really think she is into you then request the senior full time, get healed and then AFTER you have finished all your business with that office call her up and ask her out. This way you break the patient bond/ethics thing, give it some time and have a better chance of her seeing you as a good looking guy that is interested in her and not some patient.

I agree with this^.

There is a national store chain that decided a few years ago to amp up their customer service to increase business by training their employees to be extra nice to customers. So, for example, while a male customer was choosing between Fruity Pebbles or Captain Crunch, a female clerk with an extra big smile would ask if he needed help. This led to a lot of misinterpretation that the clerk was interested, some were getting followed out of the store by confused horny dudes and lawsuits eventually were filed. The program was either drastically toned down or discontinued.

You should understand the point from this example.

If not, the best thing for you is to ask her out, get shot down immediately with a kind but concerned professional response from her, create an embarrassingly awkward situation in which you will always see a male in that office afterwards.... and this will provide you with the lesson to let people be nice to you on their jobs, while you use dating apps, bars, or whatever when you want to find someone to date.

On second thoughts I think she probably just wants to see my treatment through to completion, she’s professionally interested in my well being I think.

Logically If she had been interested she could have shifted care onto the senior physio and then suggested keeping in contact .

When I was a kid I used to babysit for a couple - the wife used to be her husband's patient (he's a psychiatrist), in fact that is how they met. She told me when they both realized there was a romantic attraction, he gave her a referral to another psychiatrist and they began dating.

So it can and does happen.

From today's edition of Medscape:

Exclusive Ethics Survey: Is It Ever Okay to Date a Patient?

There's no doubt that physicians, both male and female, are often tempted to become involved with patients. Also, physicians are well aware that patients often try to initiate such a relationship. Many of our respondents freely admitted to such temptations with comments, such as the following: "Although there would be temptations, you would know you had crossed the line you were never supposed to cross"; "There is always a temptation with the 'right' patient, but that is always the wrong thing"; and "I'm married! I have been tempted but have never strayed in 48 years of medical practice and marriage."

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/732786_2

When you were a kid...so I am assuming this is over 20 years ago, obviously.

20 years ago men used to sleep with their secretary's and everyone was smoking like it didn't matter. I think our society has evolved since then.

Now a days, it is extremely rare and it just doesn't happen. The professional could be fired or reprimanded. I doubt they want to waste years of training and experience over a fling.

Bottom line is, the professional has a lot to lose and no, I can't see them chancing their livelihood for a date.

I agree SS, I thought we were talking attraction.

We can't help who we become attracted to (I don't think that will ever change- it's human nature ) but we can help what we do about it.

And even the article (which is recent) said it's dangerous and unethical to become involved.

I was surprised by the last paragraph - stating that some respondents/professionals thought it was acceptable in certain situations. Barring psychiatry.

Like you, I don't agree it's ever a good idea or acceptable!!

And yeah things were much different way back when, did you ever watch Mad Men?

Lol at Dias!! You're living in the wrong decade!

Edit: The couple I used to babysit for -- he referred her out to another doctor once he realized he wanted to act on the attraction which was the correct thing to do imo.

If she's in the NHS, she would certainly lose her job if she was touching a patient in anything other than a professional manner - and would likely not work in that field again. Getting sacked for gross professional misconduct is not a good career move. Giving you her office number so you can make appointments is nothing more than common sense, and when she says you can continue seeing each other, she means in a professional sense.

It's not as if she gave you her personal mobile number, and as far as I can see from your description, she has done nothing inappropriate - which hitting on you would certainly be.

Please just get on with your rehab, and stop any thoughts of embarrassing this poor woman, both personally and professionally.

Archived