Am I overreacting

sadconflict

OP,

Pause for a minute for perspective. Big picture: this relationship works for you, you have invested in it and intend to continue to invest in it, and you look forward to more experiences together, yes? Your commitment to it remains strong, yes?

If so then your first goal is to remember who your gf is what you know about her, why you believe in her. Your second goal is to remember those things about yourself. Why you believe in yourself, believe in your ability to have a strong and loving partnership.

Your third goal is to behave in a way that contributes to a strong partnership. And to behave authentically, that means to think in a way that contributes to creating and growing a strong partnership.

Your mind is your instrument. Learn to be its master,not its slave.

Your choice to focus on her as if she is an object at his pleasure, which she isn't and wasn't, is destructive to you, to her, and to your shared project of creating something together.

We will not always be comfortable with our partner's behavior, but if we remember what we know about them and we think about it in their terms, we usually can understand our partner's behavior.

Work to understand, not to blame.

I'm gonna throw my two pennies in and say I wouldn't like it if a female tattoo artists tickled my feet and my partner wouldn't like it the other way around. But we know our boundaries so that wouldn't happen either way. She crossed yours and probably won't do it again. It's how you learn and build stability over time. Try not to dwell on it now, you've said your piece to her and she is trying to make amends.

Archived