Is it too late to get back together?

gigicarmx

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I went out last night got drunk and cried. Hearing how perfect my friends lives are didn’t help. Sigh.

What you're feeling is normal, OP. It's okay to cry it out. Most of us have felt what you're feeling now, at some point in our lives. But don't fool yourself - nobody's life is perfect. Nobody's relationship is perfect. You have no clue what happens behind closed doors, even if everything looks wonderful on the outside. I'm speaking from personal experience on that.

But let's say things are going very well for all your friends; use that as motivation to drop the dead weight (your ex) You will never reach that level of happiness with him, and the longer you hang on to false hope, the longer you delay you own chance of actually healing and meeting someone who can offer you the type of relationship you want.

In the meantime, don't indulge in the alcohol. It's so often the gateway to horrible emotional crashes when the buzz wears off.

Oh, god. This guy is just using you for money. I don't think he ever wanted anything other than that. Wants access to your paypal, wants money, wants you to order him a cab, wants to sell stuff using your info? No, just no. This guy is toxic as hell. You deserve someone that will love you and give to you reciprocally. Not someone just looking to see what they can get from you if they deliver the right lines.

Just the worst feeling. He has me addicted. I wish he would change

He isn't the problem anymore. You are. Yes, really. I don't mean that unkindly, but the bigger problem is that your self-worth has become so low that you keep yourself stuck by hoping this mooch will change. He won't. I can't count the number of times you have repeated in this thread that you want him to change. This type of narrative has to stop if you ever really want to move past this, girl.

What are you going to do to help yourself now? What steps are you going to take to repair your self-esteem so that you are not afraid to weed out the bad apples in the future?

Archived