Is it too late to get back together?

gigicarmx

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try not to revolve your thoughts around him. Do things for your own self respect and self confidence.

Part of me wants him to message me, as he’s never seen me be anything other than soft and weak. I want him to see a tougher side. I want him to want me back purely so I can be proud of moving on.
I know one day he’ll realise what he’s lost and be sorry. I just hope I’m with someone else and happy. He knows he messed up with me and he’s said to me several times he treats me bad and should let me be happy.

You need to listen to what he's saying: he knows he can't and won't be the boyfriend you deserve, and he wants you to move on.

Your life and thoughts should be about you. Stop putting him on a pedestal when you have acknowledged that he uses you for money and chronically mistreats and disrespects you. This obsession with him is unhealthy and you realize this on some level.

That means you have insight and would benefit greatly from getting support and help through therapy to improve your happiness and self respect. It could help you understand these masochistic tendencies and the need to be a victim/martyr so you could move forward and feel better.

I know one day he’ll realise what he’s lost and be sorry. He knows he messed up with me and he’s said to me several times he treats me bad and should let me be happy.
I’m just stupid. I struggle with low self esteem and I did stuff for him to keep him.

Then that is where you should concentrate now. Work on you. Not to show him what he's lost, not to prove anything to him. Do it for you so you can have a healthier relationship in the future with a guy who respects you.

Wishing and hoping he someday realizes he made a mistake is futile, also because he doesn't sound like a great guy who you should want to have back.

This!!! I know this feeling too well and I understand where you’re coming from. When ppl show you who they are you have to just accept it even if it’s unbelievable. Especially when he tells you outright that you deserve better. It’s really just a constant heartbreak for you that you can easily avoid by staying away from this guy. Take better care of yourself and stop entertaining him.

I know. I just miss him. Do you think there’s any chance at all for a second chance? He hugged me when I picked my stuff up my stuff, said see you later maybe, that he loved me. So confused.

If you are willing to flush your standards right down the toilet, then maybe.

Day 3 of NC so hopefully this will go away soon

It will take a while, to be honest. But you can do it. You need to start working on your self-perception; set some goals just for you for the next couple weeks. They can be little ones, anything that is achievable and will give you a boost. Make sure they are unrelated to him.

When you start valuing yourself more, you will see that this guy doesn't measure up.

Do you think NC will work though?

Of course it will. Seems like you’re addicted to chasing him, which makes sense we always want what we can’t have. Soon you will see him for exactly who he is and understand that you deserve much better. You know that already and he has told you that directly. Don’t continue to feed his ego by responding to him

Archived