How to handle an unanswered text?

dmveep

I went on a great date Thursday. I exchanged a couple texts with her on Friday. The first text exchange referenced stuff from the night before. Then, I asked if she wanted to go to a comedy show the following Saturday(8 days later). She said she had a bday party that night but asked if I wanted to get together during the week. I replied “How about Thursday?” That was Friday night at 930 pm, I haven’t heard back from her and it’s now Sunday morning. She told me previously she is not a good texter, so I’m not sure what to do. I thought about sending another unrelated text this evening if I still hadn’t heard from her. Thoughts?

This is a downside to not calling. I personally wouldn’t call or text again. If she’s not enthusiastic about seeing you again you’re wasting your time.

It’s a bit puzzling as the date lasted about 5 hours and ended without a make out session, but I agree that a lack of enthusiasm is not good.

That being said, I imagine anything I do would be moot.

As much as I hate to admit it, I've had plenty of great first dates that for one reason or another I didn't care to follow up with. You two probably had a great time, but she's not excited about seeing you again if she didnt text you back. Ghosting is pretty common in the very early stages of dating. While I don't think it's a mature way of handling the situation, she doesn't owe you anything at this point. She will text you if she decides she cares enough for a second date.

It’s a bit puzzling as the date lasted about 5 hours and ended without a make out session, but I agree that a lack of enthusiasm is not good.

That being said, I imagine anything I do would be moot.

Unfortunately in this day and age that means nothing, I've had that happen multiple times and then there wouldn't be a 2nd date.

I went on a great date Thursday. I exchanged a couple texts with her on Friday. The first text exchange referenced stuff from the night before. Then, I asked if she wanted to go to a comedy show the following Saturday(8 days later). She said she had a bday party that night but asked if I wanted to get together during the week. I replied “How about Thursday?” That was Friday night at 930 pm, I haven’t heard back from her and it’s now Sunday morning. She told me previously she is not a good texter, so I’m not sure what to do. I thought about sending another unrelated text this evening if I still hadn’t heard from her. Thoughts?

Don’t text.

My take on it is that For one reason or another, there’s low levels of interest, which tends to pick up gradually. Like a snowball effect. So there’s always that

A 5 hour date doesn't mean much sometimes, unfortunately. I had a couple dates that lasted for 4 or 5 hours but in the end I either didn't feel that pull towards them or once I got to thinking, I changed my mind

Don't contact her again. You've contacted her once, if she was interested she would've responded

Interested people act interested. You won't need to guess when you meet the right one.

Most first dates don't go anywhere. There's no need for this kind of speculation and worry after only one date.

Move on and cast a wider net.

Best of luck! :smug:

• 1 month later...

Don't text her anymore. Who the heck uses the excuse "I'm a bad texter" when often times our phones are glued to our hands. Let her look for you and you go ahead see other people. I have learned that when a person doesn't want any sort of relationship with you you can't change their minds no matter how hard you try.

Archived