Called out my husband

Becky87

How would husband look 'good' for labelling his wife a liar? It's kind of missing the point after you've already behaved as a passive-aggressive tattle tale, so either way, you both already come off as juvenile.

You had the option to say, "I can't speak for Joe, he's trying to rearrange a prior commitment. I'll be happy to bring the tuna casserole, and I look forward to seeing you all there."

We all get to decide whether to address our resentments with a partner face on, or to come out sideways and show them to the world. No matter how you slice it, our choices have either private or public consequences.

@Sherrysher Yes, exactly!! And hell no I am not trying to start anything. I feel like some people are stretching what I have ask advise on. I was never meaning to be passive aggressive or being a tattle tale. We actually had a "normal" marriage argument over it when he came home. ( I'm saying that because someone will try and manipulate that) His point was he didnt know for sure if he was or wasn't. But the truth is he was never coming and only changed his mind when he spoke with his father on the same day after sending that text, shortly after. Yes, I am the wife that takes care of the gift giving, food giving, etc for both our families. His family is my family too and I love them just like my family. I'm just hurt my husband lied. When he spoke with his dad he could have easily said "No I had made plans." But instead got mad at me. He had plenty of opportunity to address his family but he leaves it up to me. So yes I did tell them he was going fishing, not that it was a big deal. I wasn't trying to be an a-hole about it but he felt I was. I thank you all for you advise on what specifically ask. I will laugh it off and say I misunderstood and let it go. And he can deal with his family affairs from now on. As for some of the others advise, you are far fetch, digging a whole to China and thats a very long journey.

Unless Becky is anything like me...when Mothers day or Fathers Day is approaching and I know no gift has been bought for partners parent, *I* feel guilt and eventually buy something. Not for partners sake but so the parent won't be hurt.

Yes, you could just leave it but it's not great for anyone.

Archived