To have a baby, or not to have a baby

Jagger87

I'll add somewhat anecdotally that the women in my moms group on Facebook -thousands of members in my city - at least twice a week post for help finding 'work from home" jobs to avoid the cost of daycare potentially. Many of those jobs are scams (well maybe not many, too many) or require money up front and others cannot be done without another adult helping with the kids (like customer service from home) or at least a teenager. Many of these women are 20 somethings who didn't have an established career/job before having kids. So I suggest having that to the extent possible and in an field where you have more of an option of teleworking. I am not a fan of doing what I did -waiting to try to conceive until almost 41 years old (did so because I hadn't yet found the right guy -I totally wanted a child at your age!) but an upside was I had telework and part time options in my career when I chose to return to working outside the home (started looking after about 5 years as a full-time parent).

We did not do full time daycare ever and did part time preschool at age 3, but in addition to figuring out what you want to do about parenting responsibilities think about your work from home options.

Sam here, Batya! I got pregnant at 39, and am fortunate enough to be able to stay home with Alex because I run my own company from home.

• 1 month later...

I'm 26 with a one year old. Honestly I would've waited sometime into my 30s. A baby changes everything, if you're not emotionally/ financially ready to make big sacrifices it may hit you hard. Good thing you and your husband have been together for awhile you all have spent time together & seem ready for the next step but I'd hold off like a year or so more.

I'm 26 with a one year old. Honestly I would've waited sometime into my 30s. A baby changes everything, if you're not emotionally/ financially ready to make big sacrifices it may hit you hard. Good thing you and your husband have been together for awhile you all have spent time together & seem ready for the next step but I'd hold off like a year or so more.

But if you get to your 30s --- if you have fertility issues, you will wish you started in your 20s just letting "things happen naturally" at least (no contraceptives, but not doing the "active trying" thing with precise timing.) and then started to try for good on your own with the aid of good nutrition and vitamins.

Whether we build or buy is irrelevant. We still need to save money to get a house. We already have land, so building would be the more affordable option. What difference does it make whether we save to buy or save to build? Also, we have a farm. We would like our house to be on our farm.

Well, this answers what your main priority is - the house. Save/work/enjoy building a home together.

Archived