So I should put down the facts. So my ex and I broke up mutually and then we tried again but I ed up BIG time while I was drunk. I spent 6 months trying to get her back, she kept telling me "not saying no just not now" to us. She eventually told me no now and ever, she never wants to be with me again. We havnt spoken since (3 months).

We both went to the same college and I was new to the state so all my friends are her friends.

Heres my question. I have a mutual friends event coming up soon and she will be there, i would like to see my friends again but not sure seeing her will be wise. What should I do?????

My ex has hosted a few parties at her place where all my friends were invited but me (I wanst even told, and my friends havent been telling about these gatherings, when it comes up in convo they tell me its just a thing).

What should I do?

I dont have a drinking problem. I dont drink alcohol.

I have on a few occassions usually friends birtbdays and what not

, but i am very very weak to it. 1 beer and it effects me.

But that night in reference to my post above I had a few due to being depressed about the thought of losing my ex forever.

If you think seeing her will set you back, perhaps avoid going to the party.

If you go and do see her, a short "hello" is all that's needed. And then keep moving.

I think MissCanuck is right but it sounds like you shouldn’t be going. It sounds like you still need time to heal.

What should I do?

Expand your circle of friends. Then you can socialize without needing to cross paths with ex until you feel neutral about her. Meanwhile, nobody else can tell you whether seeing ex would make you too miserable to enjoy yourself. Speaking for myself, I'd find something else to do. I'd keep in touch with these friends on a one-to-one, but not as a group where she's likely to be invited.

Head high.

Archived