I feel lonely and I miss being in love.

I know alot of people probably say this on here but I feel lonely and I miss being in love.

I used to be really lonely but since then I have made a friend which helps quite a bit but I still miss that close intimate companionship that comes from a long term relationship.

I miss having someone who is always there to support and encourage me.

I miss the inside jokes.

I miss the vulnerability of letting someone into the darkest recesses of my mind.

I miss the lazy days of sitting around in Pj's and playing video games.

I miss hugs when I feel sad or scared.

I miss having a shoulder to cry on.

I miss laying in bed at night talking and giggling like little girls.

I miss kissing someone and forgetting that I need to breath.

I miss making out like sixteen years olds.

I miss telling the same funny stories over and over again that never get old.

I miss date nights.

I miss hand holding.

I miss feeling like we could conquer the world.

I miss doing romantic things big and small to bring a smile to thier face.

I miss feeling wanted.

I miss having someone to lavish attention and affection onto.

But most of all I miss "I love you"s.

I don't miss her so much as I miss what we had together.

I know alot of people are going through alot worse but sometimes I just need to voice my feelings.

Nthing that.

I feel like it can all be more bearable with some close friends (I've been trying to plant and nurture those for the last year and a half, some of them are starting to looking like healthy young plants ahem friendships, none is mature enough to fill in that blank of security blanket that my partner provided yet though).

Think about how you can be a good friend to your friend, and don't let up on the process of meeting new people. (Exampls, I have a friend who knows I'm blue at the moment and sometimes she messages me no words, just a live heart. Makes me feel like I'm not alone in the world. The other day I had the idea to buy her some bath bombs, because those seem to be a means of self care for her but she can't afford anything at the moment. I gave them to her all wrapped up and told her she can't open them until the next time she really wants company but everyone is busy. A way of me trying to communicate I can't be here right now but I still care about you.)

Ditto on both comments just above, and 1a1a, the bath bombs idea and message both are beautiful. Thank you for sharing that.

I feel pretty blue that new friends just don't "root" as deeply as the old and golden. I guess time and patience are what's called for here. (sigh)

Eeeee *beams*

It really is the long game, well, just like gardens, no time like right now to start planting. (And because I like to play with analogies, I guess when you strike up a romantic connection with someone, which is kind of like a short cut to closeness, it's like buying a mature plant from Bunnings. It might live and thrive and last a long time or it might wither and die after a while in this new environment).

I know alot of people probably say this on here but I feel lonely and I miss being in love.

I used to be really lonely but since then I have made a friend which helps quite a bit but I still miss that close intimate companionship that comes from a long term relationship.

I miss having someone who is always there to support and encourage me.

I miss the inside jokes.

I miss the vulnerability of letting someone into the darkest recesses of my mind.

I miss the lazy days of sitting around in Pj's and playing video games.

I miss hugs when I feel sad or scared.

I miss having a shoulder to cry on.

I miss laying in bed at night talking and giggling like little girls.

I miss kissing someone and forgetting that I need to breath.

I miss making out like sixteen years olds.

I miss telling the same funny stories over and over again that never get old.

I miss date nights.

I miss hand holding.

I miss feeling like we could conquer the world.

I miss doing romantic things big and small to bring a smile to thier face.

I miss feeling wanted.

I miss having someone to lavish attention and affection onto.

But most of all I miss "I love you"s.

I don't miss her so much as I miss what we had together.

I know alot of people are going through alot worse but sometimes I just need to voice my feelings.

You have no idea how much I miss having this....

I think about the times with my ex-fiance and I am haunted by the memories I had with her. All of the things we planned, all of the memories we shared, all of the intimacy we shared, etc.

Our love for them was real, which is a good thing to tell ourselves. All of us in this thread have such a large capacity to love and apparently our ex's didn't.

The only thing we can do is live our lives and hope that everything works out, one way or another.

We all miss those things, but we're all going to experience them again with someone new (who also misses/wants those things) that will be more than the person that we miss so dearly.

I believe that we're all missing these things because we feel (in a way) that we've been abandoned by our ex's. We think that they don't remember memories like these and that times like those were don't mean anything to them anymore.

I don't think this is true all the time.

However, our ex's may have made peace with the fact that those are memories from the past and they are looking forward. Others may honestly not care or think about those things because they've moved on with someone else.

I try to think about making new memories like these with someone else that is so much more than my ex ever could be.

Archived