Bad impression with new friends?

Lotusavx

I went out for drinks and then a party with new friends I made from work. Needless to say, we got pretty messed up by the end of the night. I feel like a bad impression was made by me, even though we were all pretty drunk. It's like I am worried that they won't want to be friends with me anymore if I acted belligerent or drunk, even though they were too. I guess I am not really use to making new friends, so when I do, I question it and tell myself they don't really like me or something. How can I not feel like this?

Relax, if everyone was drunk, they probably won't care about you in particular or even remember much . Control your drinking if you are afraid of how you act when having too much. It's always better to err on the side of less buzzed than risk becoming puking crazy person.

What about arranging a follow-up get together sometime soon that is clearly sans alcohol for the sake of a fun, mutual activity? Depending on the friends/interests, of course, perhaps a game of Frisbee, golf, maybe a hike? Show them the other side(s) of you?

Well, not all belligerent drunkenness is created equal. Depends on your drunk personality and what you said or did. Move past that occasion and don't make awkward conversation about it. Be normal and you'll see how things go. Hopefully all's well.

Archived