Red flag or not?

somechick99

There's another thing - and I know this because I live in New Mexico and yes I use a P.O. Box for business plus I don't want an ex to find me (long story). When I opened my P.O. Box I had to show I.D, at the post office and pick up keys. I also have to keep my mail picked up, because if my box gets full and they can't fit more in they will call me to come and get it. Not sure what would happen if I didn't, but one winter when flooding and storms made me not able to get into town for a few weeks I heard about it from the post office.

So really I have no idea how this guy would even be able to have a post office box in another state if he doesn't live there. Is it a Post Office Box - like with the U.S. Postal service or is it one of those mail places where you rent a box? I ask, because for the life of me I've been puzzling this over and I cannot come up with any explanation for how a guy you claim lives in another state, has never been to New Mexico that you know of, would have a Post Office Box there attached to a credit card in a name similar to his, but not identical - that doesn't involve something unsavory to say the least.

I mean, I hate to say it, but that coupled with his whole "I have no idea" over something you have to have a pretty damn good idea of in the first place, would be more than enough for me to nope the heck out of there. This just reeks of fraud of some sort. I mean, even if it's a relative or a client (and again I work with clients, they don't give you credit cards located in other states) why wouldn't he just say that?

Do what you want, but at this point you have to step back and ask yourself what else you saw before that, that had you already on a high enough alert to notice this in the first place. I mean, I am a suspicious, somewhat paranoid person - primarily due to working in a women's shelter for years - and I wouldn't have even thought to notice something like that unless other things weren't adding up either.

So what else isn't adding up? And what are you going to do about it? I think Catfeeder's suggestion on how to handle it is a really good one BTW.

I know most people are anti-snooping, but I'm not. When you are hanging around the house for something, like a late morning, I'd look around and see if anything's fishy. Nothing like behind a lock box, just places you already have access to, but never took time to look. It's always good to give people the benefit of a doubt, but in my line of work, I deal with fighting frauders left and right.

Archived