Making up to my Ex

I treated my ex like . I was a god awful boyfriend. I took her for granted and literally was beyond horrible. We had a horrific break up. I cheated on her so much and eventually two months later I told her after we parted in good terms. She said to never speak to me again and has blocked me on everything. I literally loved her so much but I had a lot of issues and problems, I suffered from anexity and depression and I know it wasn't an excuse for what I did but it really effected me. My father passed away and we had a really bad relationship. I took this all out on her, the person who I was closest to. I hate myself. I feel so so terrible. I want to make it up to her and ask for forgiveness. I wrote a heart felt letter and I'm thinking of sending it to her in a few weeks saying how sorry I am and how I love her and regret it all so much along with a voucher for £300 for top shop and really stress that is not to get her back but to make up for hurting her so much and I respect the fact that she never wants to see me again and she doesn't even have to thank me or reply to this letter. Good idea?

Bad idea.

Please leave her alone.

Bribing her to take you back is a really, really bad idea.

Next time, don't wait until a woman gets tired of you treating her like garbage before you realize it's not nice to treat someone you purport to love like that. Treat her nicely when she's with you.

Lesson learned.

Oh, and don't expect her to come back. Most likely if you send her the letter and money she'll roll her eyes, toss the letter and send you the money back.

I say send the letter without the voucher, which will just make her feel like she owes you something. She owes you nothing, not even forgiveness. But if I were her, I would want a heartfelt apology and the acknowledgement that you treated her like crap and it wasn't her fault. It would help me heal to receive such a thing, as long as you were being genuine and not manipulative. Do tell her that she doesn't have to respond if she doesn't want to, but you just wanted her to know that you're sorry for the way you treated her, and that you regret it.

Please learn a lesson from this. It's not okay to treat people horribly.

I say send the letter without the voucher, which will just make her feel like she owes you something. She owes you nothing, not even forgiveness. But if I were her, I would want a heartfelt apology and the acknowledgement that you treated her like crap and it wasn't her fault. It would help me heal to receive such a thing, as long as you were being genuine and not manipulative. Do tell her that she doesn't have to respond if she doesn't want to, but you just wanted her to know that you're sorry for the way you treated her, and that you regret it.

Please learn a lesson from this. It's not okay to treat people horribly.

I agree. I would like a letter given to me with an explanation. So if you want to give her your explanation you should.

I got a "heartfelt apology" from a guy I'd been dating for close to two years who had been treating me badly and taking me for granted.

I showed his letter (actually an email) to the guy I was currently dating (after I got tired of being taken for granted, I started seeing someone else) and we had a good laugh.

Was that nice? Probably not. But neither was being ignored, lied to and taken for granted. And I never gave him another chance.

I didn't care about his alleged apology either. I'd moved on and couldn't care less about what he wanted anymore. He'd had his chance.

Sorry to hear this. Please no letter and the gift card is almost insulting. You don't send gift cards as restitution for a bad break up. It's ok to feel remorse or guilt but don't beat yourself up forever.

The best thing you can do all the way around is continue working on yourself including working out, therapy to address stuff and so on. That is the best 'gift card' there is to yourself and your future relationships.

I wrote a heart felt letter and I'm thinking of sending it to her in a few weeks saying how sorry I am and how I love her and regret it all so much along with a voucher for £300 for top shop.
I treated my ex like . I was a god awful boyfriend. I took her for granted and literally was beyond horrible. We had a horrific break up. I cheated on her so much and eventually two months later I told her after we parted in good terms. She said to never speak to me again and has blocked me on everything. I literally loved her so much but I had a lot of issues and problems, I suffered from anexity and depression and I know it wasn't an excuse for what I did but it really effected me. My father passed away and we had a really bad relationship. I took this all out on her, the person who I was closest to. I hate myself. I feel so so terrible. I want to make it up to her and ask for forgiveness. I wrote a heart felt letter and I'm thinking of sending it to her in a few weeks saying how sorry I am and how I love her and regret it all so much along with a voucher for £300 for top shop and really stress that is not to get her back but to make up for hurting her so much and I respect the fact that she never wants to see me again and she doesn't even have to thank me or reply to this letter. Good idea?

or something.

I think the letter is a good idea. But you have to be ready for the outcome either which way. Don't send the gift card unless its her birthday or christmas

I usually try to go into a relationship with the notion I want no regrets. Does it happen sure. Since it was you and you alone who messed up. I would learn from this leave her alone. I would try to do a much better job in future relationships. Good luck

Archived