Giving key to friend with benefits

Hextalfan

I moved to a new town. The only person I trust within 50 miles is a girl, who I am very interested in and wish I could call her my girlfriend. We are both going through a divorce, and she says she's not ready for a relationship. So right now we are just very close friends with benefits. I mainly want to give her a key in case I lock myself out, lose my keys, or she needs access for some reason while I'm out of town. I'm worried that she may think I'm trying to force a relationship on her or moving to fast. That is not what I'm trying to do. Any advice?

I moved to a new town. The only person I trust within 50 miles is a girl, who I am very interested in and wish I could call her my girlfriend. We are both going through a divorce, and she says she's not ready for a relationship. So right now we are just very close friends with benefits. I mainly want to give her a key in case I lock myself out, lose my keys, or she needs access for some reason while I'm out of town. I'm worried that she may think I'm trying to force a relationship on her or moving to fast. That is not what I'm trying to do. Any advice?

uhhmm. . leave the extra key at work, in your car. Not sure why she needs one.

I've lived alone for years. Never felt the need to have someone hold my key.

Why would she need access for some reason, anyway?

If she's spooky. . then I wouldn't recommend it. Assuming it's an apartment is it safe to say the landlord has one if you need it?

I'm worried that she may think I'm trying to force a relationship on her or moving to fast.
Dude, you are. You can kid us, but don't kid yourself. As suggested, there are about 10,000 + 1 ways to have a backup key that don't involve depending on your FWB.

May be time to scale it back if you're catching your emotions get the best of you.

Let this evolve more slowly even though you're lonely and new in town. You're married, she's married. Make a copy to keep in your wallet.

We are both going through a divorce, and she says she's not ready for a relationship. I mainly want to give her a key in case I lock myself out, lose my keys, or she needs access for some reason while I'm out of town.
Yep so many other things I could do. My emotions are getting the best of me. Sometimes I just need to hear it from someone else

Hang in, mate. You're not always going to be the new kid on the block. It will get easier.

I wish you luck.

Do not give her a key.

I hide one in a zip compartment of my wallet. You can have one in your desk at work and label it something else, etc, there are so many other ways. Also, just be very conscious and put a note on the back of your door that you will see when you go out that says "Phone, wallet, keys" etc., so you don't lock your keys in your apartment/house either

"Phone, wallet, keys"

This made me smile. I remember to this day, my beloved grandfather murmuring, "keys, wallet, pen, (pocket) knife, keys, wallet, pen, knife," to himself while he patted the appropriate pocket every time before he left the house.

Try it, OP. If this endeavor ever failed him, none of us ever heard of it!

Cheers.

There was a post on here awhile back who had her ex let her dog out if she wasn't home, had a spare key, was her emergency contact because she didn't know too many people in town. It really was hindering her relationship with her current boyfriend. Imagine going out on a date with someone with potential and finding your former FWB sitting there because she let her self in to surprise you, or you have to call her because you lost your key and then explain who she is. Awkward. I lived in new places where I knew nobody and i managed. your landlord will have a key if you rent, just FYI

Archived