Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

The Decompression Chamber

RainyCoast

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and a neighborhood cat whom i call Leo. i don't know his actual name, but he looks like he needs a pyramid.

i'm terrible at taking pictures (though most are taken with a potato, and by potato i mean crappy phone). i quite like the way the one with the birds in the sea turned out though.

i love annoying people on lunch breaks with pics. especially when the ones with 3 babies and 7000 pics of each start showing me theirs. i bring out mine and enjoy the annoyed look on their face.

"cute babies, Margaret. how cool is this goat? oh you took the kids for a walk. do you know my cat loved walking on a leash? look! aww your baby has the same teddy my dog Darko does, here he is chewing his."

muahaha. that'll teach her. giving me nightmares about her progeny destroying my desk.

hahaha... Oh my goodness. Too funny. Put up a bumper sticker. "My dog is smarter than your kid."

Those photos are great! I like the one of the Irish Crane birds?? Really cool. Annnnd I can't believe that cat looks like a mini lion.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11374[/ATTACH]

This was taken at a country fair a few years back.

so that's what those birds are!

i love the goat tent, did they have goats inside or is it meant to pack along for Sheza to carry as one moves from place to place with their goats nomadically and sets up camp at nice spots? because i think that would make a nice lifestyle, but only for a while. i'm still a hobbit, and of the hobbit belief that adventures are those annoyances that make one late for dinner.

Darko is incredibly social otherwise, i don't think there's ever been a person he wasn't excited to meet, but the one time he met those kids he ran to hide behind me lol.

Does the bird look like this...[ATTACH=CONFIG]11377[/ATTACH]

We have them here in the states. I think they're all similar just different names.

Yea, the goat tent had some goats. It was an agro/country fair, so there were plenty of farm animals and such. During the late summer/fall this area has TONS of country fairs and festivals. It's like take your pick.

Darko is smart. He probably knew those kids were terrorizing one of his cousins earlier in the day.

they looked very similar, except they were lighter in color. i like how cranes always look so poised.

too bad we don't have agriculture fairs here. ours are mostly local artisanal fairs, and a sweets fair (yeah!) where regional housewives compete with their chocolates, biscuits and pastries. bring it on, ladies.

they looked very similar, except they were lighter in color. i like how cranes always look so poised.

too bad we don't have agriculture fairs here. ours are mostly local artisanal fairs, and a sweets fair (yeah!) where regional housewives compete with their chocolates, biscuits and pastries. bring it on, ladies.

You should make a badge that reads, "Official Judge Taster Person, Lady" And go around and taste all the goodies.

And then seize the good ones.

yes!!! those are the ones. i'm sure i've heard of egrets a million times too. those marshes where i took that pic, people often tread in with little pails and collect algae and mud, they swear it's a great remedy for all sorts of things. so if you're there on a warm day, instead of birds, what you often see are ppl having mudbaths. a spa day out in the open of sorts.

haha, yeah "excuse me maam, i'll have to take those to the lab for testing". my lab and i would test them, so i wouldn't be lying.

i sure am! i find it beneficial to occasionally hit the reset button for my head, followed by a soundcheck. *joke*

it appears though i may have hit the "paranormal mode" button:

i find myself mentally chatting with my deceased family lately. i was cleaning the kitchen earlier, "talking to grandad". i cleaned out a drawer and grabbed a really old edition of a magazine on botanics from the recycling bin and i thought "guess we'll line it with an article on fig trees grandpa". i immediately thought to myself that's a fat chance because the magazine covers herbs mostly.

well. i opened the magazine...to an article on...fig trees.

grandpa sends his regards to ena.

i find myself mentally chatting with my deceased family lately. i was cleaning the kitchen earlier, "talking to grandad". i cleaned out a drawer and grabbed a really old edition of a magazine on botanics from the recycling bin and i thought "guess we'll line it with an article on fig trees grandpa". i immediately thought to myself that's a fat chance because the magazine covers herbs mostly.

well. i opened the magazine...to an article on...fig trees.

grandpa sends his regards to ena.

That's cool

i need to figure out a way to accelerate an audio recording. i recorded a lecture and my teacher talks so friggin slow i could still understand him if i accelerated the thing times four. i’d get through a semester’s worth of his lectures in a single bus ride from class to home. i bet he’d sound like he’s on helium too. lolz.

man the sounds houses make at 3 am are so funny. why do houses wait until the wee hours to bring out the full arsenal of screeches, taps, wheezes and sighs??

are they like "god i have been looking forward to unbuttoning my pants and burping all friggin day!"

eta lol i misspelled arsenal so it said arse and anal OMG *mortifying*

are they like "god i have been looking forward to unbuttoning my pants and burping all friggin day!"

Yes.

eta lol i misspelled arsenal so it said arse and anal OMG *mortifying*

hahahaha

This reminds me....

A few years ago, I imported a spec file into MS Word using OCR software.* The software did a pretty good job overall, but there were errors. For example, it may have turned a couple of Fs into Ts, or Ds into Os. That sort of thing. And I could catch most of the errors using the red squiggly line that Spell Check provides. With one exception: Arse. One of the words (I can't remember which) got turned into the word "arse," and since "arse" is a completely legitimate word, Spell Check did not catch it. Fortunately, I did. But I had a good laugh imagining a carpenter coming across the word "arse" in the middle of the spec.

________

*just FYI in case you don't know - a spec is a set of rules that building contractors have to follow, and OCR software turns digital images of text into editable text.

Archived