Most likely not a common topic discussed here often

allsmiles87

I got invited to a baby shower and it's today, I never rsvpd(yeah I know I'm terrible) but the mom to be I think assumes I'm just gonna show, I don't really know anyone that's going, and I'm very socially anxious. To top it all off i have a former best friend going who hates my guts and it's mutual. I'm torn because I feel rude if I miss it but I also feel so anxious about going it unbearable .. what to do?

I got invited to a baby shower and it's today, I never rsvpd(yeah I know I'm terrible) but the mom to be I think assumes I'm just gonna show, I don't really know anyone that's going, and I'm very socially anxious. To top it all off i have a former best friend going who hates my guts and it's mutual. I'm torn because I feel rude if I miss it but I also feel so anxious about going it unbearable .. what to do?

oh I hate this stuff ...honest to god , and now people over here are doing them ... America this is all your fault ...tsk ... just don't go ..why put yourself through this all this , shoot her a message saying you have a migraine or something .

It is rude not to RSVP. It is inconsiderate and immature. RSVP and tell her that you are unable to come and if the mom to be is a relative or good friend of yours, you follow it up with sending a gift. I have social anxiety. I have to "gear up" mentally for a lot of things. Going is hard, but once i am there, I am better than I thought. Also, does the former friend of yours REALLY hate your guts? It is more likely that the ex-friend will ignore you or just small talk you then she is likely to stomp across the room at you or embarrass you. Part of your anxiety is imagining something worse.

Either way, whatever you decide - it is rude to just be a no show. You must get up the gumption to tell her that you will not be able to make it.

Archived