She cheated on me before. Is she still? Facebook pro's needed to answe

rayfutz

Long story short from the past with my GF: we went out, she went to the bathroom.. but ended up going outside to hit on guys and give out her number. That was the past. She says nothing will ever happen again, she gave me her facebook to look through to verify. Fine. All I usually do is look at pictures and old friends anyway.

Heres where my question starts: sometimes she will leave my place early, seems ok, or sometimes shes a bit upset or who knows. Different nights. She will text me when she gets home, and the next day talk all about her good night sleep and everything related to being home. But, I get a vibe, and sometimes look onto facebook where it shows logged in devices... and where they are logged in. And it will be from a county like 10 miles away. How does facebook base this location. Is it from their servers in the area? Gps to the phone? How accurate is it? Is it really that off? I don't know facebook that well, I just want to know if its something to bring up to her. As I say, its only at times when we are apart for many hours at a time that I see this. Always the same county. (large county, could be anywhere in there). Thanks guys

She must not know how to turn off this feature. Facebook's location services is one of the most reviled new features. It sneakily grabs your location via GPS or Wi-Fi router, and attaches it to your post, so your friends can enjoy a more in-depth stalking experience.

What about stuff she posts in your presence, is that location as accurate.?

I get a vibe, and sometimes look onto facebook where it shows logged in devices... and where they are logged in. And it will be from a county like 10 miles away. Always the same county.

No idea. She rarely posts anything on FB. in fact, when we are together she's not on her phone almost all the time. My question is how accurate is it? What am I seeing? Im really concerned. Should I be? Maybe its just their servers. I did, one time, after it took her forever to text me shes home "like 3x as long" look and it said the other county. So she took a picture of something specific I wanted to see in a certain way in her room. She did. So now Im not sure what to think

She must not know how to turn off this feature. Facebook's location services is one of the most reviled new features. It sneakily grabs your location via GPS or Wi-Fi router, and attaches it to your post, so your friends can enjoy a more in-depth stalking experience.

Sorry, I left another comment for you but forgot to link it. Yeah, its not about location for posts. Im talking about in settings, where you can see what devices are logged in and their location. Not posts.

I am thinking you should not have reconciled with someone you have so little trust in.

Has she earned your trust back?

Or are you having a hard time letting go of what happened in the past.

It's just a crappy way to live, that's all.

I forgave her, this was recently. Im just keeping an eye out for a little while to make sure she means what she says. And I really only posted this to understand how accurate this feature is so I can get it off my mind.. or keep an eye out. I dont want to be a fool and I think I would if I just ignore it without at least looking into it

Wow. She had to show you something in her home so that you relaxed and believed her? How do you expect to enjoy this relationship if you don't trust her and you can't relax your fears that she's being unfaithful?

That being said, I would not rely on facebook's GPS system to be anywhere near accurate. In fact, you shouldn't rely on facebook to ascertain whether or not your girlfriend is trustworthy either.

Dude, where's your dignity? Why are you staying with someone you don't trust and who you have to track with GPS? Sounds ****ing miserable.

Because she admitted what she did, and made a lot of changes just for me to prove it. I am not going to just run if someone does that for me. I just want an answer to the question instead of opinion on her. Its a facebook feature question, if someone does not know about it, than please do not respond.

Because she admitted what she did, and made a lot of changes just for me to prove it. I am not going to just run if someone does that for me. I just want an answer to the question instead of opinion on her. Its a facebook feature question, if someone does not know about it, than please do not respond.

You can't rely on facebook for anything other then relationship angst inducing when you're in the mind-frame you are in.

Sorry, are you saying based on experience, that it IS or is not accurate. Thats what I would like to know, thanks

Sorry... edited post to read IS NOT accurate. If you check out your own IP address location it won't show anywhere near where you actually are. It'll be out by miles.

maybe another website can give you technical advice.

this is a 'relationship' forum

I totally agree my friend. I just figured lots of people know facebook these days. I don't. If you have a link I would love to have it, I still havent found anything and have been looking for days

I totally agree my friend. I just figured lots of people know facebook these days. I don't. If you have a link I would love to have it, I still havent found anything and have been looking for days

Google "What Is My IP Address" and it will tell you what your addy is. Then you can look for the location and you will see on the map how far off it is to where you are. Facebook is no more accurate. You sir, need to get off her facebook for your own good.

Google "What Is My IP Address" and it will tell you what your addy is. Then you can look for the location and you will see on the map how far off it is to where you are. Facebook is no more accurate. You sir, need to get off her facebook for your own good.

Youre probably right that I need to get off it, I appreciate you're replys Thatwasthen

Because she admitted what she did, and made a lot of changes just for me to prove it. I am not going to just run if someone does that for me. I just want an answer to the question instead of opinion on her. Its a facebook feature question, if someone does not know about it, than please do not respond. you?" How whipped can you get? The woman cheated on you. She should be making changes for herself so that she has the privilege of you keeping her as your girlfriend. "For you" implies that you didn't have the stones to dump her and she's just doing things to make you feel a little bit better about that fact.

So what are you going to do if a pro comes in here and tells you facebook is unreliable? Seek a better method of GPS? Physically follow her?

She can also see where, when and from which devices,etc. all the log ins are so she knows when you're logging into her FB, snooping. Internet data is a two way mirror. Also, you may see a location but does FB tracking tell you whether's doing somebody in the parking lot or not?

she gave me her facebook to look through to verify. I get a vibe, and sometimes look onto facebook where it shows logged in devices

double post

Wrong, if there is no gps signal facebook uses location of IP address and that can be offset to nearest base point (mine is sometimes offset up to 40 km away).

Archived