Feelings of Isolation and Depression

pinkbunni3xz

I feel every single day is getting harder and harder..and I'm not sure how much longer I can hang on and be strong before I go completely crazy. I've my relatives go completely crazy and I do not want to end up like that.

I'm independent, smart, determined, hardworking, kind, thoughtful. But it's a a lonely lonely life by yourself. People around me and formed their own groups, relationships and seriously moving on with their lives. I don't have family to support me. I feel little contact with those around me and I found myself slowly having less people I can truly depend on.

I try very hard every day to find little things that make me smile. I try very hard every day to find few things. I'm very busy in my life as well. But I feel empty. I feel emptyness in my life. And this isolation is making me feel hopeless every day. I feel it only getting stronger.

Not sure how much longer I can hang on.

You should find a creative activity or a creative job . Something that is meaningful . Set a goal like achieving a promotion at work for example. The truth is , if you are not an entertaining person (i mean for other people) you end up alienated eventually .

I suggest writing down your thoughts everyday . Personally writing helps me to relieve stress and bad feelings.

I will second what mhowe suggests, when I offered my time up...I was shocked on how well received I was and how much individuals appreciated my help. I almost felt bad that I felt so good afterwards, it almost felt like I was just doing it for myself even though I think it's a win-win. You help others, they appreciate it, and you feel great seeing those smiles and getting those thank yous.

Have you formed relationships at work or school?? What about any hobbies? And you mentioned that people are moving on with their lives...what does that mean?

Don't let yourself feel this hopelessness. Surround yourself with positivity and hope and great things will happen. I also suggest you seek counseling in the mean time to discuss these issues.

Archived