Why can't girls ignore my height, looks & appearance and just give me a chance?

iwishiknew

Oh, we all like to have choices, Rosti. I assure you. And always have. We Europeans are an individualistic bunch!

The question is: a choice between which and what.

Sifting through internet photos as if shuffling a deck of cards.....sounds obsessive to me. Also, the photos may not even a) be real, as in, of the person him or herself, and b) probably air-brushed and doctored. L.

Anyhow, I would still prefer to take my chances in 3D. Always did.

I agree with you. Reality is better than fantasy. Online dating is just an amplified and "Alice in Wonderland" distortion of reality. I think the OP should steer clear away from it.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with you. Reality is better than fantasy. Online dating is just an amplified and "Alice in Wonderland" distortion of reality. I think the OP should steer clear away from it.

This is what I have been saying. Online dating is not kind to men under around I'd say 5'6".

This is what I have been saying. Online dating is not kind to men under around I'd say 5'6".

Not kind to men under 5'6.

Not kind to men with little education.

Not kind to men with no car.

Not kind to men with no jobs.

Not kind to men under 6

Not kind to men still having to live with parents.

And online dating is not kind to women with a good heart and looking for commitment having to filter hundred D-bags everyday.

Sometimes I wish I was born dozen years before that.

Not kind to men under 5'6.

Not kind to men with little education.

Not kind to men with no car.

Not kind to men with no jobs.

Not kind to men under 6

Not kind to men still having to live with parents.

And online dating is not kind to women with a good heart and looking for commitment having to filter hundred D-bags everyday.

Sometimes I wish I was born dozen years before that.

To be fair, I would also reject a woman (for long-term, anyway...) if she had significantly less education than me, no job/career, etc. I ignore even attractive women if they come accross as snobby and entitled in their profile or if they don't have anything written (thus assuming they can get by on looks alone). That sh*T won't fly with MCJD.

...and not kind to men under 6...if that's what I think it is, lol this wouldn't be a thing that would be "observed" at least until things get physical lol. I think that's mostly a myth, though I don't know...

But yeah...online dating is very cutthroat. Attraction is a sharp knife that cuts (sometimes very deeply) both ways. Online dating has only served to make said double-edged knife much sharper.

Under 6 I mean the 'rating' yes. And also true post. Call me old fashioned but the days when people met irl are missed by some. Not saying this doesnt happen anymore, just far less often. Telling people that you met your loved one at a cinema, festival, swimming pool has a je ne sais quoi.

Under 6 I mean the 'rating' yes. And also true post. Call me old fashioned but the days when people met irl are missed by some. Not saying this doesnt happen anymore, just far less often. Telling people that you met your loved one at a cinema, festival, swimming pool has a je ne sais quoi.

I agree. It seems more and more common that people meet online. But online dating to me is just like a virtual bar scene...where men are expected to approach women and women wait to be approached (although online women send a lot of messages too).

LOL...under 6 I thought you meant something else...I feel like an idiot now haha

I agree. It seems more and more common that people meet online. But online dating to me is just like a virtual bar scene...where men are expected to approach women and women wait to be approached (although online women send a lot of messages too).

LOL...under 6 I thought you meant something else...I feel like an idiot now haha

Okay MCJD.. keep you mind out of the gutter (wink).

Okay MCJD.. keep you mind out of the gutter (wink).

lol nooooo...the moderator modded the comment because it was "inappropriate," so that's what I thought it was. Didn't make much sense. The day when there's a dropdown for penis size on these OLD sites will be the day that I actually die laughing (and quit OLD altogether, and I have one foot out the door now lol)

lol nooooo...the moderator modded the comment because it was "inappropriate," so that's what I thought it was. Didn't make much sense. The day when there's a dropdown for penis size on these OLD sites will be the day that I actually die laughing (and quit OLD altogether, and I have one foot out the door now lol)

That would be soooo wrong in so many ways if they created an option list for that. The men would run for the hills from OLD if that happened.

That would be soooo wrong in so many ways if they created an option list for that. The men would run for the hills from OLD if that happened.

Yeah. The only men left would be ones that would self-select - 6'2" vertically and 8+ inches of fun down there.

..eff that.

Was going to say that such survey would be as reliable as a 1992 Toyota.

...which would mean that women would be filing sooooo many complaints after meeting these men (they're much shorter in real life) and/or after sleeping with them for the first time (..."babe, are you in yet?")

I haven't read all 12 pages (just the first page) but definitely recommend you try to meet some women in real life - maybe volunteer organizations, charities, meetup, etc... Online dating can be very superficial, particularly with sites that are just based on photos, not even on a few paragraphs. Try to meet some women when they can see you at your best - funny and athletic and nice I do hope you meet someone special.

You can meet so many men and women that it becomes completely unfair for the ones that under average looking. I totally agree on that. Without OLD the people to date with is just not that much... In the old days you wouldn't travel to other countries that much to meet new people and get opportunities to date there.

That said I never stated in my OLD profiles what my preference is for height, I've zero requirements when it comes to physical appearance for men. Of course I've a 'preference' but it stay that: a preference. Not a requirement. So will look past your height, looks and overall appearance? Yes, I would. But to be honest I would firstly need to be attracted by you - with words. I've fallen for several guys that where great with words. I just loved it when they lured me in their mind and gave me words salads to eat from. In some cases I didn't know how they looked. And of course; there is some danger in that. But because of this I dated an overweight (almost obese) man (this became my first longest relationship) a too skinny guy, a punker, some androgyne looking guy and well you get the idea. I've dated African, South American and Asian guys. I won't ever say I dislike certain looks. And I can certainly look pass physical attraction.

Oh please! Of course looks matters, no one is going to be intimate with someone who they don't feel attracted to. If you says that looks doesn't matter, you are lying... I personally prefer tall men like some men prefer blondes over redheads (I'm a redhead). However, I've seen several short men who were women who were one head taller then the men.

I call BS. I don't care how someone looks. Of course it helps when you're dating. But you can grow pass that. I felt attracted to guys because they were sweet, fun, genuine and the best partner to hang out and have serious conversations with. Good looks only won't always give you that!

Like I said some of my boyfriends where not that good looking considered by society standards (which are steep nowadays!). When I became friends with them I started to think they are beautiful. Beautiful souls and the most loving guys I ever met. Ok, it took me longer to fall for them than for someone that was more good looking. But for and within the relationship it didn't matter. The sexual attraction was definitely there too after I had fallen in love with them.

Archived