Short story, we met on the fourth of July. We've hung out 10+ times since, once just me and her. Farthest we've gone is making out. Last night we talked and she said this (highlights in the bullet points in the order of how she told me things below):

- She likes me

- She broke up with her boyfriend in January and officially stopped all communications with him 3 weeks ago

- Established that she doesn't want a relationship right now

- She likes me

- First guy shes ever been on a date with (besides ex)

- Said she is going to talk/do what she wants because shes single (expected)

- I can talk to anyone that I want

- But again she likes me

So I'm stuck.. I am actually trying to start a relationship with her, but she doesn't want one. But she kept telling me how much she liked me and how awesome I am.

Would you continue talking to this girl in hopes for a relationship or should I just treat it like a friend zone situation and move on?

Thanks!

Same advice as yesterday. You are dating and she clearly does not want to be exclusive, since you haven't even been dating a month. Either continue getting to know her and stop pressuring her, or cut bait and look fromsomeone who thinks a month is enough time to make that type of decision.

Same advice as yesterday. You are dating and she clearly does not want to be exclusive, since you haven't even been dating a month. Either continue getting to know her and stop pressuring her, or cut bait and look fromsomeone who thinks a month is enough time to make that type of decision.

Thanks for your input. What I failed to address is that she brought it up. I did not do the "quiz" or anything. I am not pressuring her, and I am not wanting to make it exclusive right now either. I want to in the future after some time maybe... The thing that threw me off was her saying she is not wanting a relationship. I was asking for advice as should I take that as a red flag and if people think itll ultimately just end with nothing.

since she said she doesn't want a relationship right now, and you say you do, I would back away from things for a bit and let them cool down. that isn't a bad thing, you know, and it doesn't mean you won't be able to see her in the future. but, she flat out said that she doesn't want a relationship. and she JUST stopped talking to her ex, whom she broke off with a while ago. so she still needs to heal. maybe suggest that you really do like her, too, but you want a relationship, so maybe you guys could, at this point, be friends. (as in emailing and texting every so often... this will take serious effort on your part). but, if you guys really connect, it could just be that she just needs some time. best luck!

She told you exactly what she wants, and that is to not be in a relationship. Believe it or not, she can like you without wanting to be in a relationship. But you do want a relationship, so odds are you're going to get hurt if you keep trying to hang out with her and win her over. You've only known her for about 3 weeks and have already written at least 3 threads about this.

What would I do? Completely disappear. When she's ready she can contact me.

My buddy that I have been double with and his gf just texted me about going up north with them this weekend. it be the four of us. she wants to go, but i feel as i shouldn't. if i go no contact with her, to make her chase, then i shouldnt go

Try this:

"I really like you, give me a call when you feel like you're ready for a relationship and we'll see how thing go."

And then get about your life. Rushing her into something is more likely than not to end in heartbreak for someone.

So do you think i am over reacting to the situation?

Yes. You have been on 7-8 dates. You have an opportunity to solidify your connection and you want to effectively say "I won't go on this weekend away to build on our connection because I want you to say that you only have eyes for me"

Yes. You have been on 7-8 dates. You have an opportunity to solidify your connection and you want to effectively say "I won't go on this weekend away to build on our connection because I want you to say that you only have eyes for me"

Thanks for your input. Ive always been overreactant to situations and let get to me too soon. Thanks again

Archived